7 hours ago, Liahona said:

Hopefully that will allow them to deal better with the anticipated sky high diesel prices!

There is a significant savings leaving one truck behind.  With diesel fuel at about $6/g and the lease cost of a tractor and a driver and other road costs,  it’s a big number.

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

There is a significant savings leaving one truck behind.  With diesel fuel at about $6/g and the lease cost of a tractor and a driver and other road costs,  it’s a big number.

It's my understanding that they'll be using the same # of vehicles as originally planned. It's just that one of them will be a box truck instead of a tractor-trailer. Agreed, there will be some savings. But the decision was more to do with the difficulty in ensuring that there were enough CDL drivers.

• Like 4

Cloudy and 51 degrees today in Castleton. Most of the drum corps is wearing hoodies and sweat pants.  Rehearsal this morning was extremely productive....some serious cleaning going on right now. I am looking forward to the full ensemble rehearsal later this afternoon as the members prepare for tonight's Community Performance.  Alums and fans continue to arrive and a great turnout from the town is expected as well. I am going to bring my 80th Anniversary BAC blanket into the stadium to keep Max and myself warm!

• Like 3

From BAC's social media page (FB) about tonight's performance. 🥲  

Due to the forecasted weather for this evening and to ensure the safety of our performers, we regretfully have made the decision to cancel tonight’s community night performance.
Due to our upcoming travel schedule, we are unfortunately unable to reschedule our performance. While we are disappointed that we cannot share our hard work with the Castleton community, we are grateful for the opportunity to come to Castleton every year. We look forward to returning next summer and sharing our music with you then!
For a preview of our 2022 production, you can still tune in to our Concert in the Park performance Tuesday at 5 pm on Facebook Live.
Edited by keystone3ply
cx

I’ve seen BAC perform in torrential downpours and other miserable conditions, as recently as 2018. So If Boston Crusaders cancels a performance, it must be blizzard conditions in Castleton, VT with a chance of tornadoes, earthquakes, and a hurricane or two. 🙂

Edited by Tim K

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’ve seen BAC perform in torrential downpours and other miserable conditions, as recently as 2018. So If Boston Crusaders cancels a performance, it must be blizzard conditions in Castleton, VT with a chance of tornadoes, earthquakes, and a hurricane or two. 

Nothing as bad as that, but it is raining right now and very cold. Even the local food truck left.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’ve seen BAC perform in torrential downpours and other miserable conditions, as recently as 2018. So If Boston Crusaders cancels a performance, it must be blizzard conditions in Castleton, VT with a chance of tornadoes, earthquakes, and a hurricane or two. 🙂

As well as a possible crack in the time-space continuum 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, craiga said:

Nothing as bad as that, but it is raining right now and very cold. Even the local food truck left.....

I’m not sure of the temps in Castleton but I just saw a FB post from a friend camping in Franconia Notch who said it’s 48 degrees. I live just outside of Boston and it’s 59 degrees, at least according to my Apple Watch. Not summer weather yet.