10 hours ago, Barneveld said:

This is wicked pissah! Wow!

There is definitely some Sader brew in Castleton this year!

I have returned home after a 6 day visit with the corps.  Not gonna lie, it was definitely bittersweet leaving Castleton this morning.   I'm  going to miss alot of people, both members and staff, but I will see them again during the events in Quincy and Lynn in two weeks.  

As I was pulling out of the campus this morning,  the coach busses for the members were arriving, as were the tractors to pull the equipment and kitchen trailers.   I thought to myself, "now it gets real".

The kids had GIANT night last night, learning the words to the corps song,  receiving their corps jackets and having a genuinely emotional bonding experience,  which will probably be the first of many.

I had plenty of time to think on the 5 hour ride home.  While Max may be a great traveling companion (and a rock star to the corps membership), he doesn't say much.

It occurred to me that these 165 Saders might well make some history in the next 8 weeks. They are in good hands with this staff, and they are ready. Detroit will be the first step in the process.  BAC!!-!-!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

As I was pulling out of the campus this morning,  the coach busses for the members were arriving, as were the tractors to pull the equipment and kitchen trailers.   I thought to myself, "now it gets real".

SEVEN busses in total by the time I left Castleton tonight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barneveld said:

SEVEN busses in total by the time I left Castleton tonight.

Is this the set-up maybe?

3 - MM coaches
1 - prop & met crew
1 -  volunteer staff coach
1 - educational staff coach
1 - administration entertainer coach 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

3 - MM coaches
1 - prop & met crew

I'm not sure, since when I left yesterday only the three member coaches had arrive.  But in the past few years, they have had sleeper coaches for the staff and volunteers including the kitchen crew so they can be well rested  to get the kitchen up and running first thing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

3 - MM coaches
1 - prop & met crew

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

I'm not sure, since when I left yesterday only the three member coaches had arrive.  But in the past few years, they have had sleeper coaches for the staff and volunteers including the kitchen crew so they can be well rested  to get the kitchen up and running first thing.

Of the 7 busses, 3 were entertainer/sleepers and 4 were regular coaches. I'm guessing keystone's breakdown is fairly accurate.

They're also rolling down the road with:

2  - 53ft. tractor trailers (1 equipment & 1 kitchen)

2 box trucks (1 props & 1 in place of 2nd 53ft eq. trailer)

2 Sprinter Vans 

1 pickup truck

1 motorhome w/trailer (souvie team)

2 utv's (1 med. staff & 1 front ensemble)

1 atv (audio equipment)

• Like 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TODAY 5:00pm (EDT) Norman B. Leventhal Park in Boston, MA

Inspire Arts & Music's 9th annual "Concert In The Park" featuring the Boston Crusaders in their first public performance of the 2022 season.

The event will be live streamed on Inspire's Facebook page. I'm not sure, but it might also be live streamed on the Crusaders Facebook page also.

While this annual event is free to the public, the previous 8 events have raised a combined total of close to 3 million dollars via generous corporate sponsors.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boston have everything they need to succeed. They have absolutely nailed the one thing that has been negative thing for them in years past.

THE PROP.

Minimalist. Effective. Surprise manipulation. Deconstruction.

Absolutely nailed it.

Unless the META changes and someone else breaks new ground on what the IT thing is. Boston have the advantage going into the Season. 

• Like 1