Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Speaking of CrownGuard….

I enlisted in the Flo Army—has worked well, for the most part—so I’ve caught all those performances. Missed a live performance @ NightBEAT, but no need to beat further that dead horse.

Been watching some pretty decent YouTube vids, ad nauseum, and I haven’t been paying enough attention to the 800 lb. gorilla on the field: the Guard is nothing short of spectacular this season. 

This has been pointed out before, but focusing on them specifically for the past few days has given me a new appreciation. Hope that bodes well for us not only this week,  but in seasons to come.

GO CROWN👑👑👑!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Speaking of CrownGuard….

I enlisted in the Flo Army—has worked well, for the most part—so I’ve caught all those performances. Missed a live performance @ NightBEAT, but no need to beat further that dead horse.

Been watching some pretty decent YouTube vids, ad nauseum, and I haven’t been paying enough attention to the 800 lb. gorilla on the field: the Guard is nothing short of spectacular this season. 

This has been pointed out before, but focusing on them specifically for the past few days has given me a new appreciation. Hope that bodes well for us not only this week,  but in seasons to come.

GO CROWN👑👑👑!

Will pass Boston soon! They have it all! 

Welp, on to Indy. Was hoping to see one last matchup with BAC before prelims, but mother nature reared her ugly head again

• Like 2

Yea, was tuning in Flo and that opening shot of a deserted field said it all. Along with the doom scroll across the screen.

Gotta have three top notch runs, starting Thursday night. If 2015 taught us anything, in order to take home the Founder’s Trophy, you gotta be $$ every night. 

Not being unrealistic, as the smart $$’s on BD to end up on top. But until those final numbers are posted on Saturday night, one can hold out for hope that something miraculous might happen.

That’s why they play’em—or in the case of DCI—perform’em.

So .. at least Crown goes into Indy on a high score and great performance from last Saturday. Definitely good momentum and better than digging out of a hole. I did want one more competition but not meant to be. Let’s go Crown .. see you Thursday !!!

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Danby510 said:

It’s still a strong possibility for Crown to end on top this week.  The show seems to be cleaning up a ton and the audience seems to be buying in more and more. (I hear it’s even better live than on Flo). I have a feeling that the judges will have a hard time ignoring the reaction they will get come Saturday night.   

Predictions to Victory:

GE :  Second to BD, still need to close the gap on BD a few more tenths. But second will do. 

VP : First overall, based on their content and demand of Jeff Sacktig drill, with their high achieving color guard and how well the horns and drums have been cleaning up. 

VA : Second to BD, I feel that BD will take this one at the end of the day but will be extremely close. 1-2 tenth spread.

CG : First overall, This is my upset prediction. It seems they are doing all the tricks that everyone else does and does them more consistently. Trending upward. Will be within a tenth of Boston. 

Brass : First overall, I mean does there need an explanation?  I appreciate the fact that they do not mic every other person on the field. (Only their soloist, or at least that’s what I see and hear). 

MA : First overall, But will be within a tenth. There is a lot of good musical books from so many groups so will come down to execution and energy. 

Perc :  Fourth overall, There are a ton of great lines this year, the key will be to limit the spread to as little as possible. 

Oof. That’s a bit out there. Not impossible, but they haven’t beat Boston since what, around Broken Arrow? They haven’t scored any closer than 1 point to BD all season. Then, Bloo is surging. I would guess Crown is closer to 4th than 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Oof. That’s a bit out there. Not impossible, but they haven’t beat Boston since what, around Broken Arrow? They haven’t scored any closer than 1 point to BD all season. Then, Bloo is surging. I would guess Crown is closer to 4th than 1st.

Crazy things happen this week. Keep the faith!  

What’s not crazy is Crown winning, it’s going to happen.