Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

I don't think I have ever seen a show illicit this much hostility towards it just because it is Crown. There is a reason it is scoring well. Maybe it is not what they want from Crown, but the show scores well and the music is fantastic, and the guard is amazing this year

• Like 3

So great to see the guard member back in tonight and he didn't miss a beat. 

• Like 4

Of the last 10 years, the only Crown show design I would rank below this is "It Is" from 2017.  I just can't get into it.  I think some of the concepts could have merit (prop is kind of cool, app is kind of cool, ballad is nice, fabric can work, etc.). There's just something about it that I can't quite connect with to enjoy. I dunno.  Obviously a very talented group, but I just don't get it.

(And I'm not a Crown hater... Some of my favorite shows from the last 15 years are Crown shows...)

Edited by Reed

Just now, Reed said:

Of the last 10 years, the only Crown show design I would rank below this is "It Is" from 2017.  I just can't get into it.  I think some of the concepts could have merit (prop is kind of cool, app is kind of cool, ballad is nice, fabric can work, etc.). There's just something about it that I can't quite connect with to enjoy. I dunno.  Obviously a very talented group, but I just don't get it.

Which is fine! Not every show is for everyone. There are multiple shows I do not like this year. But to say the design team sucks and are letting the members down is where some people are off base. I think the design team is still finding its identity a little bit. I know they got together in 2017, but 2020 and 2021 were not competitive for Crown so this is their 4th summer together.

I appreciate comments like yours because you recognize that the group is talented and the show just isn't for you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reed said:

Everyone likes different things.   If everyone liked the same thing, there wouldn’t be enough of it to go around.   

great run tonight Crown!  So much energy and much cleaner!   I liked all the changes except the additional yelling at the end.   

• Like 2

Gotta say I really like the SCV new ending. Very pretty .. and delicate. Not trying to be so edgy. ❤️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWise said:

Gotta say I really like the SCV new ending. Very pretty .. and delicate. Not trying to be so edgy. ❤️

Well they have to find nirvana at some point. SCV always does soft endings very well (2009 comes to mind)

People wondering why a show designed for live performance with audience interaction doesn’t work via broadcast. Most Everyone that watches the show live comes away with a positive impression.

The show feeds off crowd energy more than any other show out there and there is no doubt that the live audience loves Crown even if the arm chair designers watching at home for the 8th time like to say otherwise. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

So great to see the guard member back in tonight and he didn't miss a beat. 

I was gonna say! Was this his first night back??

• Like 1

Just now, charlie1223 said:

People wondering why a show designed for live performance with audience interaction doesn’t work via broadcast. Most Everyone that watches the show live comes away with a positive impression.

The show feeds off crowd energy more than any other show out there and there is no doubt that the live audience loves Crown even if the arm chair designers watching at home for the 8th time like to say otherwise. 

I've seen it live twice.  Same opinion. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1