Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, runyancm said:

Have you come around a bit on the size and staging?  I seem to remember you had thought the size of the guard was too big and driving too much clutter a while back.

BTW, this is not meant antagonistically.  Genuinely wondering if above comment is despite those concerns, or if some cleaning has softened the original take (if I am attributing the original take correctly).

After watching tonight I wouldn't say I changed my mind about the size of the guard and staging. I would say I was wrong to begin with. The guard was so great tonight (per usual) and the work and staging was really effective, at least to me. I LOVE all the synchronized flag work - it's exciting and beautiful.  

5 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Most Everyone that watches the show live comes away with a positive impression.

So you've talked to most everyone who has seen Crown live this year? I'm really joking here. I don't think you can say that with certainty, but I would say they probably do. That brass, that guard, that music - of course the reaction is positive. To me, they were clearly the fan favorite tonight. I think that had to do with brass, guard and the music, not the audience interaction. 

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

So you've talked to most everyone who has seen Crown live this year? I'm really joking here. I don't think you can say that with certainty, but I would say they probably do. That brass, that guard, that music - of course the reaction is positive. To me, they were clearly the fan favorite tonight. I think that had to do with brass, guard and the music, not the audience interaction. 

Ah sorry, didn’t mean to speak positive about Crown in the Crown thread my mistake. Gotta be realistic and zero hype zone. Thanks for policing my clearly irrational reaction.  

Edited by charlie1223
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I was gonna say! Was this his first night back??

Yes! Someone did ask about him on Facebook and they said he's been recovering and slowly working his way back into the show. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

I’m not begrudging if you didn’t like it. There’s plenty of shows that I don’t like that other people love. 

Absolutely love it live and on flo 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Ah sorry, didn’t mean to speak positive about Crown in the Crown thread my mistake. Gotta be realistic and zero hype zone. Thanks for policing my clearly irrational reaction.  

OMG seriously, I was joking AND agreeing with you.

Anyone else notice they put the choir back into the ballad. It seemed more balanced this time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flguardman said:

Anyone else notice they put the choir back into the ballad. It seemed more balanced this time. 

Honestly, I did not notice it. I was too busy listening to the brass freaking kill it

• Like 1

Just now, TigerBaritone19 said:

Honestly, I did not notice it. I was too busy listening to the brass freaking kill it

Hahaha Killing it as usual. It was faint but having that glorious Hornline over it was magnificent.

• Like 1