Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Honestly, I did not notice it. I was too busy listening to the brass freaking kill it

Yeah I heard it. I like it fine. It was way too loud last time. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Anyone else notice they put the choir back into the ballad. It seemed more balanced this time. 

I prefer it as it's true to the original. It's such a big musical hit in the original as it is for Crown and part of that is because of the choir.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flguardman said:

Anyone else notice they put the choir back into the ballad. It seemed more balanced this time. 

They also added some low synth on the last phrase which is good.  I sill want more impact; could be the staging?  But some low frequency impact drums on the sideline would help.  

• Like 1

Love the changes they made last night. Hoping they fix those 4 fabric banners at the beginning. They pull they out too early before covering the corps. They should wrap those banners around a pole and pull them out right as the corp goes into shape. Would be visually cleaner and more effective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Love the changes they made last night. Hoping they fix those 4 fabric banners at the beginning. They pull they out too early before covering the corps. They should wrap those banners around a pole and pull them out right as the corp goes into shape. Would be visually cleaner and more effective. 

I’m a huge fan but they gotta still work on these fabrics. I still think the big circle ️ Is handled in a clunky manner .. better but still clunky. Clearly the fabric is the thing. Added more last night in closer. That just did not work to me .. even if it was executed perfectly. Just do a big flyover again. Lol. 

There was wind last night. I noticed it when they pulled out the long strips then again when a soloist had that orange strip draped on their arm and it was noticeably blowing.  So last night's run gets a pass for fabric issues for me.  I've seen the circle done better than last night earlier this season.  The key is to have it billow out then maintain the circular edge to it as people come through to make the peaks.  They got it pretty good a few Floshows ago if I recall. 

This fabric use in particlar is meant for indy (or other indoors venues) and the quirk of the season is that there's only been one indoor show thus far!  Even with the fabric issues, they popped a 95!

• Like 2