Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

19 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I agree. But I think the visual hurt a little bit with the score.The video is  pretty good, but in person it was amazingly clean. My phone captured the sound pretty well imo.  They'll jump in score this weekend.  I have an idea of how much but I'll keep it to myself. lol.

Yes, you did capture the sound really well.  Thanks for the video.

• Like 1

Interesting BD v Crwn scores. 
GE — Still tied
Viz — .4 BD

Music — .7 BD

This is gonna be close .. I think CG was under scored last show and VP will continue to clean up. Music CB will close this gap and Perc seems to be on a good track  

my daily analytical nonsense  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sensioto said:

What is everyone's take on the diversity, or lack thereof, of dynamics in the show? I know typically those nuances can easily be added later in the season after any rewrites or changes are made, but I feel like the show right now is just loud and can come across as choppy sometimes, particularly the closer. In the closer, it's like AMAZING BRASS RUNS AND MOMENTS followed by soft front ensemble playing and body movement on the field only to come right back to AMAZING BRASS RUNS to again be subsequently deafened by the lack of content following. I know these gaps will eventually be filled, but I really want that closer to soar.

I love the closer the way it is. Just add the screamer part that they had when they played it last year for Project21 and I'll be extra happy. Jmo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I agree. But I think the visual hurt a little bit with the score.The video is  pretty good, but in person it was amazingly clean. My phone captured the sound pretty well imo.  They'll jump in score this weekend.  I have an idea of how much but I'll keep it to myself. lol.

I hope you’re right haha

• Like 1

Well. I think the BAC scores set Crown up nicely for Memphis. And we finally have one day where the top six are performing on one day .. Saturday night. (Not H2H tho)
Crown will not have performed since Tuesday so .. a chance to kill it Saturday night. 
SCV seems to be a dark horse. Idk. 

Go Crown. !! 👑

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BWise said:

Well. I think the BAC scores set Crown up nicely for Memphis. And we finally have one day where the top six are performing on one day .. Saturday night. (Not H2H tho)
Crown will not have performed since Tuesday so .. a chance to kill it Saturday night. 
SCV seems to be a dark horse. Idk. 

Go Crown. !! 👑

Yesterday I decided to go on the tube and check out some corps shows when I got home from work in the am. Watched a couple but literally dozed off on SCV and literally fell asleep on BD. I tired to stay up. Got up and got in my bed. Ofcourse I was tired, but sometimes Drum corps wakes me up.

32 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Yesterday I decided to go on the tube and check out some corps shows when I got home from work in the am. Watched a couple but literally dozed off on SCV and literally fell asleep on BD. I tired to stay up. Got up and got in my bed. Ofcourse I was tired, but sometimes Drum corps wakes me up.

Totally agree. But SCV is starting to pull some scores.  Idk how 
It is totally weird too that BC and Cadets come out with the Jack Kerouac voiceover shows. Like creepy weird. Me no likey either one of those. 
Like I said the other day .. the BD formula seems to have a little crack in it this year that someone might can exploit. And I think that somebody is Crown .. gotta get clean and dominate GE 

• Like 2

VA and VP is Crowns ticket to winning this year. GE, Brass, and Music are holding their own. Percussion could place top 3 but no lower than 4th or 5th. They have to get those VA and VP scores up. It seems like visual cleanliness is a late season thing for them now?

• Like 1