Escalating fuel cost and its impact on the 2022 tour

DCFAN

9 hours ago, DCFAN said:

Fuel oil is now $4.499 in pa an increase of .30 in 2 days.  

where in PA? it's not that in Harrisburg

9 hours ago, bluehull said:

Just put my Dodge Cummins diesel pickup away. Will be driving a heap till it gets better. Diesel $5.06 here now.  May be heading to $6.50.  Even at Pilot or Flying J putting 250 gallons into a 10 wheel Volvo or Freightliner is going to run close to $1700.  Hoping the corps can deal with this.  No one saw this coming 

The scary part to me anyway, is that we don’t know where it’s going.   

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am getting offers for my premium gas Volvo, and am thinking of going hybrid with the best offers. Thoughts? 

My only thought about this, is that I’d have to purchase another vehicle if I did this.  Honda wants my car but I need one to replace it and the costs are exorbitant.  I’m glad we bought a new car in 2020 before things got crazy because we may have this one for awhile. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My only thought about this, is that I’d have to purchase another vehicle if I did this.  Honda wants my car but I need one to replace it and the costs are exorbitant.  I’m glad we bought a new car in 2020 before things got crazy because we may have this one for awhile. 

Hmmm kinda off topic and kinda on. My Forester is 6 years old but plan to hold for a while. Been told that new car production is down due to various reasons so not that many choices. 
Possibly new commercial vehicle production also down so harder (and more expensive) for companies to replace as needed. And costs get passed to customers… like drum corps.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The scary part to me anyway, is that we don’t know where it’s going.   

Thus the Russian energy conundrum for the US & Europe.  (Also how it relates to the topic of the 2022 DCI tour.)  Great article & interview:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/russian-oil-has-europe-in-stranglehold-bill-browder-185738259.html 

While an oil and gas embargo would help cripple Russia's financial resources, the nation's "stranglehold" on the Western energy supply may prove too damaging for the US and its allies, says Bill Browder, an asset manager who for years specialized as an investor in major Russian firms, including the state-owned natural gas giant Gazprom.

Browder told Yahoo Finance he supports an embargo but understands the reluctance from countries reliant on Russian energy.

Russian President Vladimir Putin "kind of has us in a stranglehold, which is why the energy sector has been more or less left untouched," says Browder, the CEO of Hermitage Capital Management and a longstanding critic of Putin.

"It's going to be hard — it's going to be a tough balancing act — because 40% of German households rely on Russian gas, 100% of Italian households, 100% of Australian households," he adds.

Even in the absence of an embargo on Russian oil and gas, prices have spiked in recent days. U.S. oil prices on Wednesday surged to their highest level in over a decade, as the global benchmark Brent exceeded $113 per barrel.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

In my state first time ever gas prices has hit 4 dollars a gallon for regular unleaded in many locations. Lets just say I am in a place where gas prices are the lowest in the nation always. It is getting ugly with no peak in site. 

I would like for the Nobel laureate economists to chime in with some statements on these rising fuel costs. 

36 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

In my state first time ever gas prices has hit 4 dollars a gallon for regular unleaded in many locations. Lets just say I am in a place where gas prices are the lowest in the nation always. It is getting ugly with no peak in site. 

I would like for the Nobel laureate economists to chime in with some statements on these rising fuel costs. 

"Rent Gas is too #### High" Party.  Supply-Demand; Guns-Butter.  That's all I've got from my Nobel laureate economic's mind. 🧐😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

In Delaware county Pa the price of Deisel is now $4.899 per gallon and Gas regular is $4.199.  It seems to go up daily.  The price of a barrel of crude is approaching $120 which will translate to a higher price in the coming days. It is going to make it tough for those on a fixed income to get by on.