Escalating fuel cost and its impact on the 2022 tour

DCFAN

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thank you for doing your part.

Actually had insulation added to my crawl space attic last year.  What I had wasn’t  as good as I thought 😫. Possibly less fuel oil but pay close to same amount.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim went out last night to fill up our generator gas cans and the car and it was $3.89.  So within a matter of hours, $.30 increase. It was $80.  Our car doesn’t have a big gas tank and it was two five-gallon gas cans. 

So with your new location , and knowing your husband is former military so I might not be telling the two of you anything , butttttt stay on top of the fuel starting in the spring or maybe even now since it really is spring already there. If a hurricane pops up you want to have gas already. I usually stay prepared for a weeks worth starting about this time every year. 

• Like 1

I am getting offers for my premium gas Volvo, and am thinking of going hybrid with the best offers. Thoughts? 

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am getting offers for my premium gas Volvo, and am thinking of going hybrid with the best offers. Thoughts? 

Hybrid is a good direction. I think right now all electric is not a great move. But Hybrid is a good middle ground. Something the entire country should consider. I posted up earlier some quotes from one of our current great leaders. It was removed. Sad because they really have no clue how to get us the USA to the next step in the right direction. You have to use our oil to fund the green tech and energy. I am SMH watching the mistakes we are making. 

We are funding every day Russian war. And if left alone we will fund Iran next. its just all so avoidable. 

ahh who really cares? Put your kids on a plane , they get put into a 12 (minor to early adult) rotation in a apartment then a bus where their friends get tortured and in the end they get the same. No maybe the fuel cost is a good thing. Maybe cut down on the amount of abuse. Or is it the adults now?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

So with your new location , and knowing your husband is former military so I might not be telling the two of you anything , butttttt stay on top of the fuel starting in the spring or maybe even now since it really is spring already there. If a hurricane pops up you want to have gas already. I usually stay prepared for a weeks worth starting about this time every year. 

Yeah I’m going to buy some more gas cans.  Thnx! 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, TenHut said:

Gas will be $5.00 a gallon in Chicago soon. I miss the good recent days 2 years when it was $1.89!

Just put my Dodge Cummins diesel pickup away. Will be driving a heap till it gets better. Diesel $5.06 here now.  May be heading to $6.50.  Even at Pilot or Flying J putting 250 gallons into a 10 wheel Volvo or Freightliner is going to run close to $1700.  Hoping the corps can deal with this.  No one saw this coming 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Not to mention, releasing 30 million gallons of reserves amounts to about a day and a half of consumption in the US.  

You are correct 30 million gallions is not going to help .  A single ITB ( integrated Tug/Barge ) running between Texas City and Jacksonville carries 10,500,000 gallons.. Just enough to keep about 420 stations open for 2 or 3 days We are swimming in oil. Whatever is happening has nothing to do with our oil resources.  This is a purposeful reduction in our supply by whoever wants it to happen !  I work on a vessel that transports gas and #2 fuel.

• Like 1