Mandarins Family Day 2022: a quick review

I’m absolutely obsessed with the Mandarins new direction! They’ve gone from a corps I paid virtually no attention to…to one of the groups I actively seek out when they come to town! I know it’s pretty crowded at the top but I really see this corps being a championship contender in the near future! I can’t wait to see what they’ve got for us this year!

• Like 4

Just saw a video of Mandarins.

Currently laughing at anyone in the predictions thread that said Mandarins won't make top 12. 

This show is a monster! The ballad will be getting standing ovations thru-out the season. Getting a Babylon vibe in the closer, which is NEVER a bad thing. The use of props especially in the opener when they spin it around thru the performers has GE juice dripping all over it. 

Yea this show is top ten at WORST. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just saw a video of Mandarins.

Currently laughing at anyone in the predictions thread that said Mandarins won't make top 12. 

This show is a monster! The ballad will be getting standing ovations thru-out the season. Getting a Babylon vibe in the closer, which is NEVER a bad thing. The use of props especially in the opener when they spin it around thru the performers has GE juice dripping all over it. 

Yea this show is top ten at WORST. 

The next 10 days (or so) are when every Corps is so much better than last season (whenever that was).  
Soon we will find out how each Corps ‘so much better’  ranks against other Corps ‘so much better’.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The next 10 days (or so) are when every Corps is so much better than last season (whenever that was).  
Soon we will find out how each Corps ‘so much better’  ranks against other Corps ‘so much better’.  

That is very true. No argument there. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Was this a public or private video? I can't wait for Friday to watch on FloMarching!

Private vid. My son got it from his buddy. 

13 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Just got back from Mandarins Family Day performance.  

They asked that no pictures or videos be posted, so I won’t. 

WHOOAAAAAAAAA!

I’m a little speechless after seeing the show and can’t wait to see it again.  It was far, far better than I was expecting. The corps sounds fantastic, looks great, and the show is really cool! I can’t see this show finishing below 10th place. It is clear that the Mandarins ascent is continuing. 

Some takeaways:

Guard: Yowzers! They have upped their content and achievement SIGNIFICANTLY from last year.  

MUSIC: Notes, notes, and powerful moments. They sound fantastic. Such power!

VISUAL: Such great use of props that move A LOT and they are integrated into the drill. There is a part where the corps moves through the props and it is incredible.  Field coverage is CRAZY.  

This show has so much room to grow, I think folks are going to be shocked (again) by the Mandarins. I’m going to call it now: Mandarins will finish 9th or higher at finals.  

What an unbelievable night.  

YEEEEEEEES! HURRY UP AND GET TO TOMBALL!!! Lol!!!

• Like 2