I need to learn about penalties (for science)

31 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Sweet mother of Sephiroth this thread blew up like a meteor☄️thank you so much everyone💜🖤❤️

I'm definitely gonna make some changes like being ~30 minutes, too many members. 

What about the musical side of things? Is there music stuff that gets you docked points?

Anything by Yoko Ono

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Try this.  

No soup for you. Come back. One year. 

• Haha 3

On 7/9/2022 at 4:42 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

I am going to write a song that (theoretically) would get a score of 0.00 or lower if performed at DCI. 

I know of some well-known penalty cases (Boston baby powder, cone kicking, arriving late) and a couple generic ones (damaging field. out of bounds). I think I understand the basics of subtracting points (dropping flags, obvious wrong notes, drill mistakes) too.

What are some other things that can take away points or earn a penalty, and if possible, how many points do they take away? I tried to research this online but only found the examples listed above. Thank you in advance for all those with this knowledge to share!

I am not sure the exact numbers, but going overtime with your show goes I believe in increments for every 15 seconds, or even shorter....people have lost contests for being 5 seconds overtime..............so if you went out and did like 8 minutes of overtime, the penalty would be gigantic.....I think it is the biggest "penalty" you can get short of disqualification........wrong notes and drill mistakes are not penalties but errors.....in the old days they were "ticks"/deductions...today, they are noted, but do not correlate directly to a tenth of a point as they did back in the day.......dropping things used to be assigned a penalty (usually guard/equipment), but I don't believe so anymore.......they have also expanded the boundaries, so I am not sure on those rules anymore, either.....overtime, though is definitely there, and would be quite hefty if you go way overtime............

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Sweet mother of Sephiroth this thread blew up like a meteor☄️thank you so much everyone💜🖤❤️

I'm definitely gonna make some changes like being ~30 minutes, too many members. 

What about the musical side of things? Is there music stuff that gets you docked points?

I will not single out the corps, but as far as I know, this is the lowest recorded score in drum corps history for an actual performance............7/4/1982....so 40 years ago last week......the corps received a total score of 4.8  (out of 100).......

The show should stop and repaint the hashmarks.

Oh. End it with a vocal Amen.  Might not be a penalty anymore but should be there just for historical references.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

The show should stop and repaint the hashmarks.

10 minute field lining break after a big brass hit

22 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh. End it with a vocal Amen.  Might not be a penalty anymore but should be there just for historical references.

What happened? Was that a real thing someone did in DCI?

24 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

10 minute field lining break after a big brass hit

What happened? Was that a real thing someone did in DCI?

79CadetsNoVocal.jpg

Cadets 77 

Edited by KVG_DC

😂😂😂 Of course it was Cadets lol

Also have the synth patch from Axel F (BAC)