Wednesday, July 13th ... “Corps Encore” … Stewart Stadium at Weber State University – Ogden, UTAH

2 minutes ago, crumdorpslove said:

Really wish they would skip int if they know bad weather is coming.

Doesn't look like rain coming on the intellicast radar either.  Just that the wind is significant and shfiting.  

I feel for the guards.

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

So a legit question for all our guard friends… in situations like this where the winds are really bad, do you stop doing tosses and such? How does that work?

I know some guards have a “wind version” (lower rotations for weapons and altered tosses for flags) they can default to for windy shows.

not sure a wind version would’ve helped too much cause that wind looked absolutely brutal, huge shout out to the Academy guard though they were fighting for it all the way to the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sasha1 said:

i have seen much worse, lol

Oh indeed.

I think it was 2015 DATR in Denver where they had four stationary cameras and it just rotated between them every 15 seconds.  Including an inexplicable endzone view.

3 minutes ago, NebraskaGBR said:

Before FLO cut away to its commercials ... you could see the American Flag whipping in the top right hand corner.  WeatherUnderground is reporting gusts of 10 mph

The gusts looked a bit stronger than that, but the real challenge was seeing it shift suddenly like that.  it was going from side 1 to side 2 at the start then mid show bam it was going the other way and out came the balls and equipment across the field.  I was worried we'd see a crash or trip.

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

The gusts looked a bit stronger than that, but the real challenge was seeing it shift suddenly like that.  it was going from side 1 to side 2 at the start then mid show bam it was going the other way and out came the balls and equipment across the field.  I was worried we'd see a crash or trip.

Weather channel has it gusts of 25+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

That was a great Spartans show in 2019

100% so!   I learned a friend of mine's nephew was in the guard for that show after the season was done.  He was the guy in the rifle line that was 6'+ heh.

• Like 1