1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

aka ‘The Show that Ruined Drum Corps’.  

Did you mean: Cadets 2017

I try to be kind to every corps in every year and give them the benefit of the doubt, but Cadets 2017 is the single most uncomfortable experience I've ever had watching/listening to music

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

aka ‘The Show that Ruined Drum Corps’.  

*Elevated 

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Did you mean: Cadets 2017

I try to be kind to every corps in every year and give them the benefit of the doubt, but Cadets 2017 is the single most uncomfortable experience I've ever had watching/listening to music

Not arguing against you, the opposite really, but can you elaborate on this? It’s certainly one of the weirdest shows ever and definitely not good in retrospect.

Suggestion: Cadets 2006

Just now, FTNK said:

Not arguing against you, the opposite really, but can you elaborate on this? It’s certainly one of the weirdest shows ever and definitely not good in retrospect.

Uhhh, I don't want to become more of a DCP hate magnet than I already am, but I'll give some subtle implications here. Wicked Games is one of my all-time favorite shows. Also, I'm usually cool with singing but I really didn't think it worked all that well in this show. I really hate the weird bench thing, and I think the drill is super ugly.

3 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Uhhh, I don't want to become more of a DCP hate magnet than I already am, but I'll give some subtle implications here. Wicked Games is one of my all-time favorite shows. Also, I'm usually cool with singing but I really didn't think it worked all that well in this show. I really hate the weird bench thing, and I think the drill is super ugly.

I don’t think you’ll get that many rabid

defenders of Cadets 2017 😵💫

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I don’t think you’ll get that many rabid

defenders of Cadets 2017 😵💫

Lol I hope not. Speaking of Wicked Games, I'm also a big fan of Drum Corpse Bride and Inferno. Not that those have anything to do with why I hate Cadets 2017😉

15 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Bluecoats 09 vs 10

I remember Bluecoats having some strong years in the mid-to-late 00s, but I had completely forgotten that they finished 3rd in 2010. And I remember not being much of a fan of that show. 

And now that I'm looking at it, they haven't finished below 8th since 2000. And have only finished outside of the top six four times in the last 20 years (and those years were 7th). That 2002 show was my favorite bottom six show for the longest time. Really impressive run. 

• Like 1

So I made tapes to BD 05 and BK 15 because those two piqued my interest based on some comments in the thread. Here's a quick summary of each

Blue Devils: What the hell is this? I love abstract show themes but even I could not understand it for the life of me. Is it about horses? Marriage? Hard work? Time? The screamers were absolutely atrocious. This is by far BD's worst show. I can't believe this is the same corps that did Beat My Heart Skipped and Felliniesque.

Blue Knights: Very mixed feelings about it. Pretty standard show. It kind of felt to me that they were trying to copy the success of Tilt in their own weird way. Very cool ballad though

8 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I remember Bluecoats having some strong years in the mid-to-late 00s, but I had completely forgotten that they finished 3rd in 2010. And I remember not being much of a fan of that show. 

And now that I'm looking at it, they haven't finished below 8th since 2000. And have only finished outside of the top six four times in the last 20 years (and those years were 7th). That 2002 show was my favorite bottom six show for the longest time. Really impressive run. 

I think 2010 Bluecoats is my least favorite show of theirs from 01-22.  They played John Mackey which is very Bluecoats but it just didn't feel or sound like them- then it goes and wins their first medal. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

So I made tapes to BD 05 and BK 15 because those two piqued my interest based on some comments in the thread. Here's a quick summary of each

Blue Devils: What the hell is this? I love abstract show themes but even I could not understand it for the life of me. Is it about horses? Marriage? Hard work? Time? The screamers were absolutely atrocious. This is by far BD's worst show. I can't believe this is the same corps that did Beat My Heart Skipped and Felliniesque.

Blue Knights: Very mixed feelings about it. Pretty standard show. It kind of felt to me that they were trying to copy the success of Tilt in their own weird way. Very cool ballad though

Tapes?