Broiling in Texas

18 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

They’ve covered the Dallas area with shows in Mesquite and McKinney this year, both in those school districts’ LARGE HS stadiums

It remains baffling to me that they have shows in the first, third, and fourth most populous counties, but not the second. It makes no #### sense to have shows in Denton, McKinney, and the east side of Dallas, and not something in Tarrant County.

...am I biased because my parents live in southwest Fort Worth and getting to shows given the relative time of day? You bet!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

It remains baffling to me that they have shows in the first, third, and fourth most populous counties, but not the second. It makes no #### sense to have shows in Denton, McKinney, and the east side of Dallas, and not something in Tarrant County.

...am I biased because my parents live in southwest Fort Worth and getting to shows given the relative time of day? You bet!

Tarrant county is always forgotten honestly!!😂 If we had a show at HEB, I would ###### some tickets for that show the very first second they’re available👀 I’m plenty biased too living in Arlington haha
Edit: apparently I said a word that got censored that I wasn’t expecting to be😂

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Tarrant county is always forgotten honestly!!😂 If we had a show at HEB, I would ###### some tickets for that show the very first second they’re available👀

The first show in 2011 was in Saginaw...and of course we couldn't go because that was the day my parents (and I) were helping clerk a local election (runoff for the Water Board, I think--might've been a runoff for mayor).

I personally would want to do it at Farrington in Fort Worth for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to easy drive from my parents' house. 😛 But it's also, despite being one of the older stadia (built by the WPA, iirc), still one of the biggest stadia in the state (bigger capacity than the Denton HS stadium they used, and bigger than McKinney). And there's plenty of space for warm-ups, corps trucks and buses, etc., with all of the lots from the Stock Show across the street on one side, and more parking and an actual park on the other.

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

The first show in 2011 was in Saginaw...and of course we couldn't go because that was the day my parents (and I) were helping clerk a local election (runoff for the Water Board, I think--might've been a runoff for mayor).

I personally would want to do it at Farrington in Fort Worth for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to easy drive from my parents' house. 😛 But it's also, despite being one of the older stadia (built by the WPA, iirc), still one of the biggest stadia in the state (bigger capacity than the Denton HS stadium they used, and bigger than McKinney). And there's plenty of space for warm-ups, corps trucks and buses, etc., with all of the lots from the Stock Show across the street on one side, and more parking and an actual park on the other.

I went to a Denton show at that HS stadium, it was…an interesting experience to say the least haha. I think all of the school stadiums we’ve mentioned top out at around 12,000, 12,500, besides that FW stadium, but my pick for a Tarrant county show would still be Pennington Field at HEB, the proximity of the stands to the field and all of my previous positive experiences with it. I think that show would be amazing!!

I posted this over on the Cavies thread, but I think this does pretain to this thread. 

There is a wildfire a little north of my property. At the time it burned 175 acres and its now at 1000. It's like a horror movie when I go outside and look north. Soooo much smoke. To the drum corps please be safe while driving down here. I just don't want anything bad to happen to anyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Continental said:

While people are concerned about the heat in Texas, they might also be concerned about the mosquitos. 

Oh h-e-doublehockeysticks no 

I’m one of those unfortunates who’s like a mosquito magnet for some reason. And even my minor bites blow up like softballs. I would die LOL