Broiling in Texas

2 hours ago, TenHut said:

Why would DCI schedule 7 shows in Texas in late July and early August? Just doesn't make sense when the weather is great in the Midwest and North.

East coast Drum Corps fans every season now in middle of July after watching shows and scores on the West Coast for 4 weeks, then shows in Texas and Oklahoma  being pushed back an hour.......

memes-for-people-who-can-t-sleep-9.jpg

• Haha 3

Being from Texas I do not envy this coming stretch for anyone involved. I’m from the desert region, and that’s bad enough. Houston is… the worst place on earth. Nearly passed out marching on UH field in black wool in college. Good luck to all the corps. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

RECRUITING!!!!!!!🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊

did I type it loud enough?🙃

It is all about the money. Texas shows are the most profitable for DCI outside of Championship week.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

It is all about the money. Texas shows are the most profitable for DCI outside of Championship week.

Porque no los dos my guy? There is a reason why there are three DFW shows, and shows in the three other major metros, gotta cover all those bases!

And yeah, we show up and show out despite the heat🔥

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

Here's an idea.  What if DCI simply shifted the tour schedule 12 hours.  Rehearsals would take place overnight or the "3rd or graveyard shift".  The actual shows would run around 7am in the morning.  Travel during the day & sleep during the day.  (After all, they are college students.)  

I know the answers.  Just think about it & play along... 🤔😁  

Someone that is bored or has some time could chart the daily schedule. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Someone on here said to start the tour in Texas and then move toward the north in the warmer months.  That might work. I don’t know.  We were also in Texas and Oklahoma in mid July, BITD. Do they still have the show at Lake Highlands?  

I remember in 2011 they did start in Texas with 2 or 3 shows, but they didn't announce scores until after the last show. Weird format lol.

• Thanks 1