What shows do you find the most enjoyable or entertaining this year?

Just as the title says. Let's put competition aside and talk about the shows that we just like this year.

I actually have access to Flo this year but the following are the shows I haven't seen in world class yet

- troopers 

- jersey Serf

- pacific crest

Category A- shows that probably won't make finals.

Music City- I was very skeptical of the gasoline rainbows show and concept- especially after being disappointed by shows from my favorite top 12 corps but this show really works for them. Good music, good visuals- just a fun well written show.

HM- Madison scouts. I don't like their opener much but the rest of the show is great.

Category B- the likely 6-12 crowd.

This is where the most enjoyable shows are this year. I really enjoy all of them with the exception of my perennial favorite BK. As HMs the Cadets and Phantom stand out and war and peace has never been so interesting (Blue Stars)

My winner is the mandarins. Pink Floyd and Stranger Things are 2 of my favorite things so they were bound to be a favorite of mine.  I was hoping for a really powerful interpretation of the main theme- but I can't have everything.

Category C- the top 6

Woof. The Blue Devils show is pretty strong but it's a typical BD show. Same formula. It works for them. Carolina Crown, as always, has amazing brass but the show theming is lame and slightly annoying. Nothing makes me happier this year than hearing their hornline on the field. The Bluecoats certainly don't have a problem with boring anyone this year but their show is too much. Just too much. Boston. Yawn. 17-19 and even 2021 were so much more creative- it will be disappointing if this is the program that gets them their first medal after  a handful of great shows that did not. SCV- bigger yawn. It's starting too look like Babylon was a flash in the pan for theor design team. Cavaliers- I'm looking forward to seeing their final product. It didn't look at all ready at the tour opener- get well soon Cavies!

Bluecoats get this Category for me.

Overall winner- Music City

• Like 3

Minus Crown, the second tiers always seem to entertain me the most:

Phantom Regiment

Troopers

Music City 

Academy 

Gold 

Letdowns this year from 2021 which I thought was one of the most entertaining years ever from top to bottom:

Madison 

Cadets

Bloo 

• Like 1

I am enjoying a lot of shows so far. In no order I really like Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils, Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, Boston, Mandarins, Blue Stars, Santa Clara, Troopers, Pacific Crest, Blue Knights, Colts, Gold, Blue Devils B, and a few others. 

I don't think there is anything I dislike. Some shows have not yet hit their peak. Some just need some tweaking. A few corps just need to get healthy and clean, such as the Cavaliers. Looking forward to seeing what they can do with a healthy corps back on the field. SCV still has some holes to fill so they can clean and finish that show. In the end I love watching young people perform. 

• Like 2

Crossmen have an enjoyable show - interesting new costume - but corps retains the Crossmen style and sound -- I appreciate that -- Cool prop -- 

Phantom has been the crowd favorite at my IP location -- thank you for being recognizable - especially like the drum book - very beefy - very good drill -- amplification is not getting in the way - show sounds good on flo -- one drawback is the dude costume in the coed guard - does not add to the overall guard package

Blue Stars have a very nice music book - it's also neat to see how they are using props that have been used in previous shows stretching back at least to 2009? (The Factory) -the horn/drum sound is very much in keeping with the sound the corps has developed over the years -- the props are also keeping with the Blue Stars visual look/identity - I appreciate that there is that connection with the corps identity -- 

• Like 1

Love: BD, Phantom, Cavies, BAC, BK, SCV

Dislike: any show with obscene narration and vocals 

• Confused 1