Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I’ve only been to Whitewater once before, back in 1997 for DCI’s 25th anniversary. That season, they had somebody from each corps to make Finals come on the field, most of them in the uniform they broke into the Top 12 with. I was the Glassmen rep, so I donned the Spaceman Spiff uniform with the vinyl tablecloth overlay once more to rep my corps.

This picture is from 1997. I actually aged out in 1996 but volunteered during the second half of tour with the Glassmen. As it was the 25th anniversary of DCI that year, they had a representative from each corps that had made Finals during that time period out on the field at both DCI Midwest and DCI Finals wearing the uniform they first made Finals in. Unlike SOME corps (looking at you, Carolina Crown), we went ahead with the actual "Spaceman Spiff" uniform from 1993 and, yes, I was the Glassmen rep.

miss those uniforms

4 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I’ve only been to Whitewater once before, back in 1997 for DCI’s 25th anniversary. That season, they had somebody from each corps to make Finals come on the field, most of them in the uniform they broke into the Top 12 with. I was the Glassmen rep, so I donned the Spaceman Spiff uniform with the vinyl tablecloth overlay once more to rep my corps.

This picture is from 1997. I actually aged out in 1996 but volunteered during the second half of tour with the Glassmen. As it was the 25th anniversary of DCI that year, they had a representative from each corps that had made Finals during that time period out on the field at both DCI Midwest and DCI Finals wearing the uniform they first made Finals in. Unlike SOME corps (looking at you, Carolina Crown), we went ahead with the actual "Spaceman Spiff" uniform from 1993 and, yes, I was the Glassmen rep.

well if you're not the doppleganger for Jeopardy's James Holzhauer, then NO one is!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

miss those uniforms

We didn’t. I think we burned most of them when we got new unis in ‘94. 😄

Next on the field is the Blue Stars from LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Their 2022 program is entitled “Of War And Peace” and consists of:

War and Peace Symphonic Suite by Serge Prokofiev

Ballad of an Unknown Boy by Serge Prokofiev

Variations for Oboe and Military Band by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov

No One Else by Dave Malloy

Confrontation on Eadu by Michael Giacchino

Dust and Ashes by Dave Malloy

“So, we hear you like Tolstoy. Have we got the show for you!” 😄

I watch Phantom and I get goosebumps. I thought they pulled off an intense, emotional, and thrilling performance tonight. I can't get enough of the brass book. Just incredible!!! 

Part of me thinks this could be a dark horse show for top 5 or 6, but then part of me realizes they have a lot of cleaning to do, and the percussion and guard need to start hitting their strides. But that is how this show makes me feel. It just feels like it has so much upward potential (aside from the props which I am not wild about but they are working better). Excited for the members to see where they take this vehicle. It's a classic Regiment show filled with all the majesty and emotion of Romantic-period orchestral music.  Come DCI Finals I doubt anyone gets a bigger ovation than this show. 

• Like 4

Let’s go Blue Stars! Love this show and their music….. especially in the opening movement.