Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

The white unis, iridescent shells, and no head gear from the drum line gives me 1997 Empire Statesmen vibes.

• Like 1

One other note to add: I love the narration during Bloo's show. I actually can't imagine this show without it. The tone of the narrator helps set the style, the mood. Instead of people guessing at the story you really know exactly what is going on. Just my opinion, but the narration is great and does not take away any enjoyment of the traditional elements like music, percussion, guard, or visual design. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jwillis35 said:

One other note to add: I love the narration during Bloo's show. I actually can't imagine this show without it. The tone of the narrator helps set the style, the mood. Instead of people guessing at the story you really know exactly what is going on. Just my opinion, but the narration is great and does not take away any enjoyment of the traditional elements like music, percussion, guard, or visual design. 

The one track of original music I listened to was Taming the Dragon, and it was the narration that drew me in. I’m guessing that’s the track which inspired the design team and the rest followed later.

• Like 2

Guard has removed the tops of their uniforms to reveal sleeveless tops, yellow on the front, gray on the back. Great change in the color palate.

Flags are also two sided with a similar color scheme.

Nice unison note from the mellos!

Like a lot of the corps who paid tribute to their past during the celebration year, Madison is going cutting edge this season. They’ve fully bought into their concept as well, which shows in the performance.

• Like 1

Really, not a weak show to be found tonight. Every corps is solid and entertaining.

• Like 1

Madison's visual execution much improved from two weeks ago (more than normal). Still don't find much shape to the show itself, but it's obvious that they've got a plan to keep themselves in the conversation as long as they can.

• Like 1