Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

Just now, Maleguena1988 said:

Was there a better balance between keytar and corp in person…Flo was….well, bad. 

I didn’t have any problems with it.

• Like 1

Really like these iridescent frames on the field. They change color so easily and catch the stadium lights perfectly.

6 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Bluecoats performance quality is going to keep some people up tonight! The production, design and performance levels are on a entirely different level then anyone who performed in Whitewater. Not a speck of dust to be found in that guard. Impressive! These guy’s just keep raising the bar! 

but no comment on the props.

among-us-sus.gif

Having power issues with their generator, so we’re standing by.

• Like 2

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my...Bluecoats you just BLOOO me away big time!!!! My first read on the show was I liked it. Second read was can't wait to see this clean and to see what things they will add. 

Now my thinking is THIS IS STILL TOP 3!!!! 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I thought they were on FIRE tonight. Sure there are still some sloppy musical moments and some timing issues to work on in brass. But the brass is playing one tough book. Percussion was killer good. The whole music ensemble is sounding better and better and the grooves they lay down are just fantastic. The music is fun and engages the audience big time. Some of the unison brass work is stunningly good when you consider field coverage. 

The guard is absolutely electric with superb staging. Love the pit and I love the Roland KeyTar. I get a sort of Emerson Lake & Palmer vibe there. Visual production is first rate and they really know how to focus your attention where it needs to be. The cluster chord toward the end when the wheels run over the brass is great theater and the ending is very cool (waking up from the dream). 

There are a lot of great shows out there this year, but from a competitive standpoint I think Bluecoats are certainly in that top tier. The show has so much room to grow and they still have much to clean. This is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite shows of the year. WOW! Way to go, Bluecoats!!!! 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

You wanna put something like that out there? 😄

I went right to the edge of the cone of silence, but think I’m just this side of it!

Aaand now the wave’s starting in the stands. Corps members are relaxing. I feel for the woman who’s trying to get the electronics…and we’ve got power!!! SHOWTIME!!!