Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

Thanks for the updates Kevin! Man, you sure do it extremely well

Not bad for not doing this for almost 3 years, huh?

• Haha 2

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Switching to Ft Collins when Troopers come on.   They absolutely ROCK this season 

Yeah I'll be going over for them as well.

• Like 1

Next on the field is the Bluecoats from Canton, Ohio. Their 2022 program is entitled “Riffs & Revelations” and consists of:

Taming the Dragon by Brad Mehldau  Brad Mehldau and Mark Guiliana

The Garden by Brad Mehldau

Taizo by Henry Hey  FORQ album 

Nautilus by Anna Meredith

moonmoons by Anna Meredith

Momento Magico by Youn Sun Nah

Sigh. Bloo is gonna be later than scheduled.  I may have to cut them off to go over to Troop. If they even roll that stuff out there by the time Troop goes on in Colorado 

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Switching to Ft Collins when Troopers come on.   They absolutely ROCK this season 

They are on FLO tonight?

Nice standstill, Cavaliers! Just as with last night I am blown away by the level of demand, sound, articulations, timing intricacies, and balance of this brass line. Percussion sounded fantastic and are playing a super musical book. The music book is definitely growing on me. It's not a Phantom-like music book but it is not intended to be. Their are more subtleties in the arrangements and I suspect in the visual program. 

Make no mistake about it, The Cavaliers music ensemble can play. Incredible talent from top to bottom in this overall ensemble. Their are some timing issues in some of the most demanding rhythmic passages, but that is to be expected -- especially in the section where they slow things down and accelerate again. The intonation is very strong. I love their approach to tone. I get a sort of Wind Ensemble sound from them and the balances are always shifting to bring out the desired lines. 

I am anxious to see them clean this while moving on the field. It's the visual and GE that will determine how well they do competitively, but if you enjoy a super high-quality music ensemble then look no further than this brass and percussion section. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

What’s the holdup? Did the car break down?