DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

7 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I rewatched inferno today and thought the same thing. No one this year has that sort of opening and no one is close to that brass sound and clarity! Maybe next year we’ll get lucky and get back to that. But this year does have some amazing parity and competition which is great. It’s like the overall activity has stepped up but there is something missing at the top. 

I’m still watching drum corps. I just feel some years are better than others.

• Like 5

Tympani player really making those hits speak.

I like how the different ‘factions’ of horn uniforms are now mixed here. 

1 minute ago, Forevergreen said:

I’m still watching drum corps. I just feel some years are better than others.

I fully expect these next few coming years to be better and better, no one should feel upset or slighted in how I view this year as it isn’t about one single corps or a few corps, it’s a prognostication that I predict many corps’ best is yet to come, get excited about that why don’t ya?😂

The backdrop screens are gorgeous.  I would 💯 use one as a divider in my home.

• Like 2

Love the solo at the beginning of the Blue Stars' show!  Well-done, tasteful, and sets the stage for the show.  Colorguard is doing an excellent job through movement also setting the context of the show. I really like the arc of this show's story and how the music, props, and drill all amplify that arc. Drill is cleaning up and the horns have exciting passages.  Color guard has a high ceiling in content; I think I have seen them a little cleaner than tonight.  In the one section, where there are multiple colors of flags, and each color section is doing unison work, but somehow all of the colors are supposed to combine into one cohesive whole, the unison in a couple of colors is off and that hurts the overall impact of that section for GE.   But, once clean, will be spectacular!!! Love the ending--high energy and great drill moving to final staging.

Gosh I love this show more and more each read.  

• Like 1