DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

BD does silence like no other corps.  It’s breathtaking when they get it right.  I remember Felliniesque live in Ft. Wayne. It was July 8 and that show was already clean. It was a’ rough run’ in the opener but the ballad they had it together.  And those pauses between the phrases.  You could have heard a pin drop the way they made you hold your breath for them.  It was just like taking the air right out of your lungs then blowing it in your face with those chords.  

My favorite example is the 2015 ballad. The silence before the final chord(s) of that ballad is an experience that I’m so thankful to have experienced live

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Just seen and heard this BD show in 25 previous seasons, minus Filliniesque. Don’t tread on your dreams, where dreams are made, over and over again. It works, I get it. Just wish they were innovators.

so many groups copy what they do so I guess they are innovators just not ones you like.

• Like 5

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Love BD. Crown is 100% giving them a run for their money. If Tuesday was any indication it really depends on which side of the bed the GE judges woke up on that morning IMO. 

Crown has to clean too. I agree with GE. It’s a toss up for that caption every night. But BD is much cleaner than Crown right now 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Small thing to notice, but during Tank, BD battery had this really goofy crablike visual that I loved. They took it out and I’m bummed! I’m sure some judge didn’t like it, but I loved the personality it had!

• Sad 1

Enjoyed BD much more than last time I saw them (which was like 2 weeks ago).. but still another show where the narration/voice adds absolutely nothing of value. At least for me it doesn't make it worse like most of the other narrated shows. 

1 minute ago, Tony Flores said:

2022 BD reminds me of 02 Cavaliers... No weak chains. Every section is at the top of their Game, box 5 in every section

Nah, having listenee to their practice and the shows their baritone section is not clean like the others.  They need to clean it up.

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

Love it when other corps use jazz idiom too! Bluecoats 2018 was such a great show, for example

absolutely amazing show, underrated IMO

• Like 1