Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

1 hour ago, MBo1974 said:

You are the 2nd person who has said that, and I agree.  Unless he is banned, he will be back instructing a corps.  He has too many fans who don't believe he did anything wrong.

Maybe. There is some kind of legal record so that could prevent it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

As someone with quite a bit of first hand experience with Texas marching band, it’s definitely hornlines like Crown, but also just raw explosive power in general. Texas loves when corps like Vanguard comes around as well. I’d say if you had to pick between the two, many in Texas would take that Crown sound, although it’s not exclusive to them of course, and is what Texas marching band typically likes to do and show off in their productions. Just look at Hebron 2021 this past year

Sorry I wasn’t clear, but the question was supposed to be sarcastic. Yes, Texas ❤️ Crown Brass

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Late to the game and not sure if its been resolved, but I was waiting to go into section 112 (lower level 50 yard line) and he was standing 10 feet away from me.  I've got a great picture if anyone wants it 🙂 

Sure lol 

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Late to the game and not sure if its been resolved, but I was waiting to go into section 112 (lower level 50 yard line) and he was standing 10 feet away from me.  I've got a great picture if anyone wants it 🙂 

Hopefully there is a middle finger in his direction. 

35 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear, but the question was supposed to be sarcastic. Yes, Texas ❤️ Crown Brass

I didn’t read clearly either, but I already made my take and I didn’t wanna edit😂 Texas simply adores a bit more of a traditional run and gun brass sound, and I’m glad that’s what I got to experience in person with in both levels of marching competition in HS and DCI, some people frown upon it, but hey if the kids can do it and you have the size, let ‘em rip🔊🔊🔊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I didn’t read clearly either, but I already made my take and I didn’t wanna edit😂 Texas simply adores a bit more of a traditional run and gun brass sound, and I’m glad that’s what I got to experience in person with in both levels of marching competition in HS and DCI, some people frown upon it, but hey if the kids can do it and you have the size, let ‘em rip🔊🔊🔊

There's a Rich Texan from the Simpsons meme that is appropriate for this situation but I can't find it. 🤠

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MBo1974 said:

You are the 2nd person who has said that, and I agree.  Unless he is banned, he will be back instructing a corps.  He has too many fans who don't believe he did anything wrong.

I don't think that would happen. I'm pretty sure DCI gave the YEA! organization a fait accompli when the whole thing went down: either GH goes or The Cadets go. He accepted a conviction by pleading no contest to misdemeanor charges. Any corps that hired him would be risking far more than he'd be able to give them.

Really the only thing his social media does is allow him to play the martyr/genius and wax philosophical about things, which is what he liked to do with the Cadets, as far as I know. It's not a legitimate avenue back in to staff/administration work with a drum corps.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I’m not usually an emotional reactionary… but this is BS. DCI has the right to ban him from attending and should do so now. If not, shame on them.

Do they? I feel like that's not true, but enlighten me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Do they? I feel like that's not true, but enlighten me.

Hey, I’m not going to pretend to be a legal expert. However, I’m pretty sure that private organizations can set their own rules for admittance to their own ticketed events. 

I did just see that he avoided having to register as a sex offender, which would’ve been the easiest path. But someone smarter than me should weigh in, here.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hey, I’m not going to pretend to be a legal expert. However, I’m pretty sure that private organizations can set their own rules for admittance to their own ticketed events. 

I did just see that he avoided having to register as a sex offender, which would’ve been the easiest path. But someone smarter than me should weigh in, here.

Im sure somewhere in a contract that is signed for events at stadiums that this can be added.  Just like fake Klay is banned from all Warriors basketball games now.