Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I was just wondering if someone might confront* him at a DCI event.  I wonder if he had standard seating or if he may have been invited to someone's suite.  I understand his 'family connection' to staff, etc, but come on...

*Given his personality, I could see him with an entourage of security, etc... :whistle: 

Late to the game and not sure if its been resolved, but I was waiting to go into section 112 (lower level 50 yard line) and he was standing 10 feet away from me.  I've got a great picture if anyone wants it 🙂 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Late to the game and not sure if its been resolved, but I was waiting to go into section 112 (lower level 50 yard line) and he was standing 10 feet away from me.  I've got a great picture if anyone wants it 🙂 

Sure, I’ll take a copy. I need to sharpen my darts game. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Wow - I was criticized earlier today for bringing the subject up on this topic which happens to be “San Antonio”.  I might start the topic tomorrow because I think it’s important.  I’m all for forgiveness, second chances, etc, but that doesn’t apply to everything in your life.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow - I was criticized earlier today for bringing the subject up on this topic which happens to be “San Antonio”.  I might start the topic tomorrow because I think it’s important.  I’m all for forgiveness, second chances, etc, but that doesn’t apply to everything in your life.  

I believe he can find forgiveness and a second chance somewhere else besides drum corps. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I believe he can find forgiveness and a second chance somewhere else besides drum corps. 

Drum corps is a very social experience, thousands of people collaborate In just one season. So many people were impacted by his abusive behavior, over so many years, even the best of intentions would be hard to overcome in this circumstance.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hm… I wonder if Texas, the concert band powerhouse state, would be a bigger fan of Crown brass or Blue Devils movement? Texas marching band is very similar to Carolina Crown. And I’m not even saying that Texas is overly biased towards Crown…. It’s more an East vs West thing.

What I am arguing is that taste in type of drum corps doesn’t equal talent. There are scoring criteria for a reason. The scores aren’t to judge who the crowd favorite is, it’s to judge which corps’ show is best, due to agreed upon criteria.

So, let’s go back to my point… which judges did you disagree with? Which boxes should BD have placed in? Was it a content or achievement issue?

As someone with quite a bit of first hand experience with Texas marching band, it’s definitely hornlines like Crown, but also just raw explosive power in general. Texas loves when corps like Vanguard comes around as well. I’d say if you had to pick between the two, many in Texas would take that Crown sound, although it’s not exclusive to them of course, and is what Texas marching band typically likes to do and show off in their productions. Just look at Hebron 2021 this past year

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2