A bunch of corps will not be in Atlanta. Why?

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

This makes me want to see DCI in unorthodox stadiums. Baseball field, golf green, or hell, even an ice hockey arena 😂

Illinois State Fair- show was on a dirt race track not half as wide as a football field. Terri probably marched there too. 

Had to re-learn drill using baby steps. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

This makes me want to see DCI in unorthodox stadiums. Baseball field, golf green, or hell, even an ice hockey arena 😂

There are several instances of DCI being in unorthodox stadiums. Definitely had shows in baseball fields in Columbus, OH and Buffalo, NY in the past. I am sure there are many other instances of this. Oh, there was a show at a soccer field in Columbus too. I imagine that waaaaaaay back in the day there were contest shows at state fairs.  I do wonder if there are any shows in unorthodox stadiums today though. I think DCI has tried tosteerr away from them.

Also, Cadets performed during the Olympics in 1996.

3 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

You are correct, I had to march Finals in Atlanta in 1984 and worse yet Miami in 1983!  YUCK!

Yes, i went to both of those. The humidity was BRUTAL!

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'll be mowing our practice field this afternoon in the most intense part of the day. Told my wife we were moving to Canada.  I love the South, but not in the middle of summer. (Maybe I can talk her into a pool.)

Where in Canada? 

Toronto is just as hot in July/ August ❤️🔥

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Illinois State Fair- show was on a dirt race track not half as wide as a football field. Terri probably marched there too. 

Had to re-learn drill using baby steps. 

Alot of winterguard shows in Canada take place in Hockey Rinks, with no ice just the concrete below.

We have more of them than basketball arenas 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Years ago many corps in the Boston area started the season in a hockey rink…Drumfest.  Usually in early May?

Yes, i performed in that.  It was early in the year.  There may have been ice involved with the flooring.  Still much prefer that to being in the humidity in an outdoor stadium in the summer in Atlanta.

Edited by 27Socal

I think both Atlanta and NightBEAT get the top 6 of the last competitive season.  Then the others are distributed between the two locations and nights.

So the Allentown split would be done differently of course because corps only get one of the two nights, not both.