Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

2 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Sure was!. But it also displays how vulnerable a Corps performance becomes with the loss of it's Electronic Audio Cues, Narration, Singing, Sound Effects, and soundscape/tonal  manipulation. In my 7-years of marching Corps back in the 20th Century, not ONCE did we experience nor had to fear of such a "loss."

Username checks out.

This mic placement isn’t doing this hornline any favors 😓

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Land of Tim said:

OK, I feel incredibly "slow" about now...I am a huge Cavies fan--always have been, always will be--as well as other corps, and the activity in general. But, I have not been the biggest fan of the Cavies show this year--not considering the COVID, and the heroic effort of these members and staff!!!! The show has slowly grown on me, and each time they performed in the last week, it has improved and clarified a little bit each time.  As JWillis said, not sure where they will place, but that does not matter--what matters is the heart and development of talent that these young members have shown in the course of a very difficult summer.

Now, all that said--why do I feel "slow"? I, along with others on these fora, have lamented the brevity of their "jam" session about 3/4 in the show.  Until tonight, I did not get that they were replicating TikTok. I feel like a dummy...I still wish it did not seem disjointed and maybe, it has just taken me until now to figure out that they are telling us that it's a Tik Tok, but somehow I wish they could slide into and out of that segment with a little more connectivity, or maybe that's the point, that often a TikTok video is an abrupt disruption???  Feel free to correct my slow understanding of this segment!  DOH!!

Omg! I never realized that!!!! Makes more sense. Maybe they can do something to help convey to audience. Sound byte at beginning of it or something…who knows

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

15 min INTs are the worst because they’re not long enough to get into trouble but they’re long enough to make me impatient. I already finished a whole bowl of ice cream. Now I have to get a whole second bowl to have some to eat while Mandarins play. DCI’s fault IMHO. 

I am tempted to make some suggestions of 15-minutes of trouble worth getting into, but I fear those posts would be deleted!! 😜

• Like 1

...aaaaand once I again I came looking for scores and recap and forgot to compensate for the time zone...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Why is it so dark on FLO?  

Because SIMPLY! the production crew doesn't know how to *"White Balance" their #### Cameras! Just my humble opinion as a veteran Television Broadcast Cameraman. *Something so "common sensical." The on-site or remote, engineer/director needs to have this all checked out during Pre-show set up.

Crazy how different the two streams sound. This show the brass doesn’t sound nearly as clear as the Little Rock show

• Sad 1