Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow BAC, absolutely love this show! 

Have a feeling the Flo mics did not do the hornline justice. Guard is off the charts good

they seem quite clean visually but my only/main criticism is that the marching technique isn’t quite consistent froM person to person. Especially noticed it in the final movement when they were marching slowly forward in a company front 

The Flo mics haven't done any hornlines justice... or electronics, or mic'd soloists. The levels are so all over the place and as we're about to watch the last performance, they never got it right. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Great show Boston!   If anyone can beat BD this year,  it may be these guys.

They really have no weaknesses, and some amazing strengths, which is usually the BD brand. It’s fun not knowing how it will turn out. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 4

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Ok. Talk of BD closer changes going in. 

record scratch. excuse me ?! 

I have not seen anyone post this, but the Prologue is beautiful to keep in mind when seeing and listening to BAC's interpretation of the thematic Paradise Lost. Beautifully crafted and performed show, BAC!!

Of Man’s first disobedience, and the fruit
Of that forbidden tree whose mortal taste Brought death into the World, and all our woe, With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful seat,
Sing, Heavenly Muse, that, on the secret top
Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire
That shepherd who first taught the chosen seed In the beginning how the heavens and earth Rose out of Chaos: or, if Sion hill
Delight thee more, and Siloa’s brook that flowed Fast by the oracle of God, I thence
Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song,
That with no middle flight intends to soar
Above th’ Aonian mount, while it pursues Things unattempted yet in prose or rhyme.
And chiefly thou, O Spirit, that dost prefer Before all temples th’ upright heart and pure, Instruct me, for thou know’st; thou from the first Wast present, and, with mighty wings outspread, Dove-like sat’st brooding on the vast Abyss,
And mad’st it pregnant: what in me is dark Illumine, what is low raise and support;
That, to the height of this great argument,
I may assert Eternal Providence,
And justify the ways of God to men.

Just now, Chief Guns said:

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE!!! SHOWTIME!!!!! DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Just promise us that if the spread gets closer than it was in SA, you’ll be ok and still classy?! Some other corps’ fans freaked out in SA and are still a bit bitter about scores! Good luck Devils!

The drumset player is absolutely incredible. All of BD’s drumset players are so good at setting moods during transition moments 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m not convinced this show is fighting for second. I see no reason why they can’t sneak up on BD by finals. I really don’t. 

I am with you...BD is amazing in performance and everything seems in sync, but the show is not gelling as much for me as BAC's...I think they can do it.

• Like 1

This year's new compulsory body movement seems to be BD's "rock back and forth" movement that everyone seems to have copied..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The drumset player is absolutely incredible. All of BD’s drumset players are so good at setting moods during transition moments 

i love him 😭 cool-nerd icon

She is so consistent on the piccolo solo.  Hasn't missed it all year.

• Like 1