Damm'd COVID!

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Need Grannys thoughts on Troop

I think I must write a post about what I think.

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, DFA1970 said:

Imagine if there was a time machine and I went back 50 years ago and came back with someone from 1972 and say...this is what drumcorp will be like in 50 years. and for the 100th anniversary in 2072 what will drumcorp look like. Robots? 

In 2072, brass will be completely eliminated, replaced by a fleet of bassoons, piccolo flutes and electrified saxophones. You'll see them on the field but no one is actually playing (they are intensely twerking, p*ssy poppin' and other historical dance moves) and if they were playing, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't hear them due to the constant bass drops (which replaced all percussion 40 years before), the audience members will be mic'd and encouraged to wear spandex. Corps fees will be 680,000¥.

It will be glorious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, DFA1970 said:

what will drum corps look like in 2072? Standstill spoken poetry, in tutus 

wait, that will be 2032

Edited by CFC1905
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, no_itsnotadash said:

In 2072, brass will be completely eliminated, replaced by a fleet of bassoons, piccolo flutes and electrified saxophones. You'll see them on the field but no one is actually playing (they are intensely twerking, p*ssy poppin' and other historical dance moves) and if they were playing, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't hear them due to the constant bass drops (which replaced all percussion 40 years before), the audience members will be mic'd and encouraged to wear spandex. Corps fees will be 680,000¥.

It will be glorious.

Yes and in 2072...our kids will be saying...When gramps was a kid, they were still using gas cars and only paying 6 bucks a gallon.