Songs you associate with drum corps

9 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

The Heat of the Day by Pat Metheny. everytime i hear it my brain immediately wonders where the mellos went. then i realize i am not watching Downside Up. then i start watching Downside Up.

I didn’t really say for me which pieces/songs immediately evoke a particular corps or notable show of my memory and experience, but that song immediately gave me that *SQUIRREL* head turn vibe like the piece you mentioned and Bloo 2016. Bluecoats are fantastic at doing so for the repertoire they choose, any of the material for Bloo 2014 for me would say evokes drum corps because that particular show was so memorable to me in that it was one of the first I ever heard as a young lad😂 all of the repertoire for Bloo 2014.
Medea has to be mentioned as well. Crown and Star of Indiana really make it their own. Corps that really make a piece their own when they perform it are really the ones that I think stick to the mind of many. And there are many examples of that with DCI and it’s history, which is awesome

So is the iconic part of Tilt (y'all know what i'm freaking talking about, the finale) an actual song or an original composition?

19 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

So is the iconic part of Tilt (y'all know what i'm freaking talking about, the finale) an actual song or an original composition?

It’s an actual song haha

This video, along with the description is probably gonna be really helpful for you to see where it all comes from!! I found it just now on YouTube! Haha

38 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

It’s an actual song haha

This video, along with the description is probably gonna be really helpful for you to see where it all comes from!! I found it just now on YouTube! Haha

This was so freaking surreal. It was a really cool experience

• Like 1

Anytime anywhere anyone posts something about the song Creep, I post Bloo's take on it.  It's now the canon version for me.

Same goes for The Boxer.  

Let it be me.

Send in the Clowns.

Somewhere over the Rainbow.

Never walk alone.

Simple song.

Malagueña

One more time Chuck Corea

Mag 7