Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

HOLY CADETS 😇 What a Heavenly Finish W O W 🤗

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ediblewaffles said:

I think it's more people dissapointed with the design team and leaving so much to be desired

This. Exactly. For me, their design team has been a disappointment since 2015. They just can't put together a winning design and this year it seems like the mentality was "let's do everything we possibly can in hopes to win" and it's all just a big mess visually.

• Like 5

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Still less square yards than Inferno.   

I've come to like the fabric in this show.  It fits the pizzaz.

Oh wait .. more fabric!  maybe now they have more..heh.

That needs to be cleaned up too.  I think the wind catching it got them there too.

Less fabric than Inferno, but every use (maybe not the fluegel soloist) was meaningful, memorable, and fit so well. The pop of the first flyover before the haunting minor chord, the hellscape in the ballad, the chaos movement in the closer that gets covered by the flyover to only reveal a crystal clear crown logo, the ending ascension… I’ve got several gripes about that show, but it was one of the best uses of fabric ever.

This year’s Crown… I give the 2nd movement a B- on the fabric funhouse and an F for the ballad. Man, Blue Devils would get thrashed by Crown fans if they didn’t change the visual feel of their ballad for 90 seconds and stood mostly still. A real headscratcher.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

I have found my enjoyment of Crown's show to have taken an inverse path compared to my enjoyment of other shows this season. Where I was not feeling some other shows in the early season, Crown had me hooked from the very first show. The member interaction and buy-in had a lot to do with it. As the season wore on, I found the novelty of the show theme to start causing my interest to fade, and the acting/member interaction started standing out as a lot cheesier than I had initially thought.

It's still a very cool show if you're only able to catch it once, but watching it as many times as I have it just doesn't captivate me as much as it had earlier in the season.

I find myself doing the same thing…now I am not as enthused for the “Whack A Crownie” part as I was, and I want them to stop screaming at me 🙂 

Lord, how they can play, though….

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Man people really hate this show huh

I don’t hate it. Just has some weaknesses in the design that don’t make a lot of sense (to me, at least).

• Thanks 1

The only part I really love in Crown’s show is the music for the ballad. The rest just doesn’t appeal to me. 

• Like 3