Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

Just now, cmchandler said:

One of the highlights of my drum corps career was playing in front of 40,000 people in Madison in 1992 after winning Div. II (as well as in 1991, but Madison had a ton more attendance than Dallas did). That opportunity means so much to so many kids who grow up on those divisions. I hate that it’s been so slowly stripped away over the years. 

Yah I always hate how empty the dome seems for these corps on Thursday. Some make it to Friday but even then people don't come until later.  

Finals night for OC has always been a really raucous around though.  

FroAlert!   Spartans have a member of the 2022 Marching Fro Club.  

• Haha 2

This show is a musical treat.  Very mature sound.  Again Spartans are capturing a sound that feels a lot like the Bluecoats at times.  

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again - I am SHOCKED to find myself thinking the music captions are the Spartans' biggest strengths this year. They've always struck me as a much more visually-focused group over the years, often fielding a guard that could challenge the top 15.

Their brass sound has always come across as thin for me. The complete opposite is true this year. This corps is strongest musically. The visual program is definitely easier than in prior years, but if that's what it took to get them playing like this and develop their music program, I am ALL for it. They sound unlike any Spartans corps I've heard before. Percussion is really strong, as well.

• Like 1

Grrrrr had to switch to hi cam. Stream is going sour on me. 

Get a 40 member guard on these guys and they're going places. Beautiful sound. 

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Yeah snares!!

Yeah baby. Right there.