Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

I love when Brad Bell is announcing. 

He's good.  I've always felt he brings good energy.  The OC fans always really get behind their corps too and bring the others in more often than not.  It's always a fun atmosphere.  

• Like 1

Anyone know, I always wondered this, on average, how many BDB kids "graduate" to the A corps each year? Just a few? Many? 

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Anyone know, I always wondered this, on average, how many BDB kids "graduate" to the A corps each year? Just a few? Many? 

I don't know if there's an easy answer out there for this, but the Blue Devils have their corps roster on their site and it shows each corps member's marching history, including time spent with affiliated groups (BDB, BDC, RCC, Fantasia, etc). This year there appears to be quite a few BDB drummers in the BDA line.

I do know that for a while, there were an awful lot of BDB members going to Bluecoats.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Thanks 1

Does BDB cap their age for marchers or can they age out with BDB?   I know Colt Cadets caps at 18 then they have their kids either go for the World Class corps or march elsewhere.   But I know Spartans goes all the way to age outs.  A friend of mine's nephew was with Spartan's guard for a few years (including their championship) and would have aged out with them had COVID not stolen it.  

This is a good show.  Well written for these members.  They've got a more classic BD look with the shakos too of course.  

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Does BDB cap their age for marchers or can they age out with BDB?   I know Colt Cadets caps at 18 then they have their kids either go for the World Class corps or march elsewhere.   But I know Spartans goes all the way to age outs.  A friend of mine's nephew was with Spartan's guard for a few years (including their championship) and would have aged out with them had COVID not stolen it.  

Website says 14-19

• Thanks 1

Those gold flags are fabulous visual impacts