Anyone else going to a Big Loud and Live show?

Go to the Tour Premiere and BLL every year.

Really enjoy it.

After Allentown last weekend, air conditioning, comfy seats, ample bathrooms and

free drink refills sounds really good.

• Like 2

I’m in Indy so I won’t be in a theater, however with Flo broadcasting all of prelims, it may be all the more important to go to the theaters if you can. Live performances broadcast in theaters is expensive. Attendance numbers for Big, Loud, and Live have been good in the past and the broadcasts were profitable for DCI. If DCI does not make money on the theater broadcast, or worse loses money, it could be the last. So go if you can, especially if you want it to continue.

21 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’m in Indy so I won’t be in a theater, however with Flo broadcasting all of prelims, it may be all the more important to go to the theaters if you can. Live performances broadcast in theaters is expensive. Attendance numbers for Big, Loud, and Live have been good in the past and the broadcasts were profitable for DCI. If DCI does not make money on the theater broadcast, or worse loses money, it could be the last. So go if you can, especially if you want it to continue.

My first drum corps theater experience was the tour premiere this year.  It just wasn't loud enough.  When Flo finally fixed their level issues, I had better sound via their stream at home.  The theaters just need to turn it up I guess.  (I watched Top Gun in the same venue & the sound was incredible.)  

But then there's theater buttery popcorn.    

46 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Huh, I didn't know they were doing that.  I assumed the top 15 would be blacked out on Flo like past years. 

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

My first drum corps theater experience was the tour premiere this year.  It just wasn't loud enough.  When Flo finally fixed their level issues, I had better sound via their stream at home.  The theaters just need to turn it up I guess.  (I watched Top Gun in the same venue & the sound was incredible.)  

But then there's theater buttery popcorn.    

I’ve been to the broadcasts of the Metropolitan Opera (Met Live in HD) and some theaters have the same problem regarding volume. A friend who is a manager of a movie theater says those responsible for the broadcasts do not know much about opera and turn down the volume. Where there will be praises after the broadcast tonight by some and criticism by others, maybe the problem is that the people working at the  theater do not know drum corps is best loud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm not going to a theater this year but question...Is the theater showing the same as Flo? Meaning when the top 15 starts today does that mean Flo marching tap into what people are seeing in the theater commentary and all. 

I think Flo will be showing everything but you won't get Mr Rodinaro & Tammy Faye? 

6 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Tammy Faye? Are you referring to the person from 2019? No more Dennis?...

Saw Radinaro's post the yesterday.  Broadcast team = S. Radinaro, L. Vento, & D. Sanders. 

As much as I love this week, it’s not going to be the same this year without this guy. Denny D has become a treasured friend and was my broadcast sidekick for 25 years. The abuse we’ve heaped upon each other has been great fun. Please send good mojo to Dennis and Renie as they deal with some stuff. Enduring friendships are one of the best things about this activity. Even if the guy is a drummer.
May be an image of 1 person and standing

Edited by keystone3ply
cx