2023 Season Predictions

6 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Come on, not true. @Boss Anova is simply pointing out there is nothing 1000% certain about a 1.5 gap, in July no less. 

I shouldn't have said that which is why I deleted it, but not fast enough. 

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

But actually they did close the 1.5 point gap.. You posted.. " I think it ( 1.50 point spread ) is an insurmountable margin when its BD thats holding that margin on you. Thats a HUGE amount. 1.50 points is not a small margin. Its mammouth. "   But Boston DID close that 1.50 point gap, on BD and did so in 11 days.  Your rationale as to why Boston catching BD was" impossible" was that " "massive 1.50 point gap " you said.

part of the joy is that people can disagree and be respectful... with "i told you so" or "you got me"... without hurt feelings.. etc.  it's drum corp... and we absolutely love it...and an old fart like me doesn't hold onto what drum corp used to be... or what it needs to be.. the joy of the kids is OBVIOUS.  Predictions are fun!  we are no longer closely connected in some ways... or maybe just an old fart like me.  But we can all be just chill out...  because... the judges are eating this blue devils show UP... they are gagged... and it will be a monumental year for BD.

• Like 1

Just now, Vuitton said:

I shouldn't have said that which is why I deleted it, but not fast enough. 

Haha Gotcha!  No harm. We all enjoy this activity, and I won’t hold it against you. Love that we can all bicker about our beloved activity. 

24 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Haha Gotcha!  No harm. We all enjoy this activity, and I won’t hold it against you. Love that we can all bicker about our beloved activity. 

Thank you. I appreciate it. Sometimes I'm a dick. I'll admit it. Usually I feel bad moments after. Wish I was better at observing and not participating sometimes or thinking "do I really want to say this" before I type.

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Thank you. I appreciate it. Sometimes I'm a dick. I'll admit it. Usually I feel bad moments after. Wish I was better at observing and not participating sometimes or thinking "do I really want to say this" before I type.

Been there. Sometimes daily 😂

55 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Been there. Sometimes daily 😂

Yeah, I'm a Gemini. I blame it on that. There is no grey - it's dick person or nice person. No middle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

But they never closed the gap. Sure, they narrowed the gap, but the never closed it. That's the whole point I'm making. I never said a 1.5 gap is impossible to narrow, I said close, and they didn't close it.

Show me a corps, after 2008, that overcame a deficit to BD of 1 or more points (at any time in the season) and beat them at finals. You won't find one. Sure Crown did it in 2015, but BD still came back and won finals.

I will be elated if I am wrong. I welcome everyone to call me on August 13th if BD doesn't win. I will be so happy to eat crow, say I'm wrong, I didn't know what I was talking about, I have no clue, and never listen to me again. To me, BD not winning would be worth all of that. BD not winning would make me happy. I want someone else to win. I want Boston or Bluecoats to win. 1. because it would be awesome to have a new champion, and 2. I love the Bluecoats show. I want to be wrong. But, I don't think I am. 

Things will tighten up a bit when they are all together in the upcoming days…oh, and the point system still only goes to 100…I look forward to when they are together - then all these caption scores will REALLY show where they all are. 

21 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I love your explanations. I don't agree with everything, but these are the kind of predictions I miss seeing from most people. Keep it up!

If we all agreed on predictions we would probably look into it less.  Respect is key and understanding it’s all part of the thrilling world of Drum Corp!!  And Thanks!!

• Thanks 2

Wow. BK is back in the hunt for 12th.

EDIT: Just saw the GE tank for PC. Who knows what that means going forward.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 2