2023 Season Predictions

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Underestimate Boston's abilities to catch at your own peril. 

It's not at my peril even if I'm wrong (I want to be wrong), but I know I'm 1,000% right. 

Edited by Vuitton

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

1.5 points spread out over all the captions ends up being only a couple tenths per caption.

Yes, over every single caption. Blue Devils beat Boston in every single caption. It's not like Blue Devils aren't going to improve. That's a HUGE amount of ground to make up. 1.5 points today is not a small margin, it's mamouth. 

4 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes, over every single caption. Blue Devils beat Boston in every single caption. It's not like Blue Devils aren't going to improve. That's a HUGE amount of ground to make up. 1.5 points today is not a small margin, it's mamouth. 

Or a combination of pips by various other corps.  Cause it's not just a dual meet here.  But yeah consistency across all captions tends to help you out.  BD could go 2s across the board and still win because the other three fight it out for the 1's and get 3s and 4s for the rest.  

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Or a combination of pips by various other corps.  Cause it's not just a dual meet here.  But yeah consistency across all captions tends to help you out.  BD could go 2s across the board and still win because the other three fight it out for the 1's and get 3s and 4s for the rest.  

Exactly. That's what I've been saying for a week. The fact that it's not a two way race between Blue Devils and Boston helps Blue Devils and hurts Boston. When all four meet up, Blue Devils are probably still going to be 1st in 2nd in call captions, and Boston's likely to see several of those 2's from last night drop to 3's and 4's. 

Yes, I'm sure you're right.  Boston should just head home now....just as BD would do in the same situation.

You have a right to your opinion,  and so do we all.  I like BAC'S chances by finals.  They have an excellent chance of winning in Indy.

• Like 1

Just now, craiga said:

Yes, I'm sure you're right.  Boston should just head home now....just as But w D would do in the same situation.

You have a right to your opinion,  and so do we all.  I like BAC'S chances by finals.  They have an excellent chance of winning in Indy.

Pssh. no. Game on folks. 

Besides, I love being entertained all summer 😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Pssh. no. Game on folks. 

Besides, I love being entertained all summer 😉 

Exactly. I like being entertained. Talking about scores and placements is good fun, and I get really into it, but it's the shows that matter most. We might very well worry and think more about placements than the actual members do.

Edited by Vuitton

19 minutes ago, craiga said:

1.5 points spread out over all the captions ends up being only a couple tenths per caption, which is completely doable. 

Completely accurate. With the halving of the visual scores it averages out to less than .1 in every subcaption. A victory, yes, but not a smackdown. 

43 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

" 1.5 point difference in July with BD seems impossible to overcome"... also "... insurmountable"... and " may have to go back to 2008 and check to see when a corps closed such a 1.5 point gap on BD:.

Yes. fans might have to go all the way back to last season to learn that on 7/19 at Broken Arrow, Okla. Boston was an " insurmoundable " 2.40 points in back of BD ( 89.200 TO 86.800 ).... then a whole 4 days later on 7/23, Boston was an " impossible  to overcome " 1.47 points in back of BD ( 92.1750 to 90.700 ), and then a whole  7 days later at the Atlanta Regionals, Boston had cut the once " impossibly insurmountable " 2.400 point lead to less than 2 tenths. ( 94.050 to 93.875 ). To BD's credit they were able to stop the comeback, and prevail at Championships. But the " impossibility " of a determined and talented Corps like the Boston Crusaders to not close a 1.50 point gap with BD at their first head to head matchup with BD before the season is over is your " opinion ", and you could later be proven right. We are afterall talking about the Blue Devils here. But the notion that closing a 1.50 point spread on BD is " impossible ", sort of flys against some recent history where we find that Boston closed a 2.20 point gap spread with BD in 11 days.... and as recently as last July. 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

" 1.5 point difference in July with BD seems impossible to overcome"... also "... insurmountable"... and " may have to go back to 2008 and check to see when a corps closed such a 1.5 point gap on BD:.

Yes. fans might have to go all the way back to last season to learn that on 7/19 at Broken Arrow, Okla. Boston was an " insurmoundable " 2.40 points in back of BD ( 89.200 TO 86.200 ).... then a whole 4 days later on 7/23, Boston was an " impossible  to overcome " 1.47 points in back of BD ( 92.1750 to 90.700 ), and then a whole  7 days later at the Atlanta Regionals, Boston had cut the once " impossibly insurmountable " 2.400 point lead to less than 2 tenths. ( 94.050 to 93.875 ). To BD's credit they were able to stop the comeback, and prevail at Championships. But the " impossibility " of a determined and talented Corps like the Boston Crusaders to not close a 1.45 point gap with BD at their first head to head matchup with BD before the season is over is your " opinion ", and you could later be proven right. We are afterall talking about the Blue Devils here. But the notion that closing a 1.45 point spread on BD is " impossible ", sort of flys against some recent history where we find that Boston closed a 2.20 point gap spread with BD in 11 days.... and as recently as last July. 

But they never closed the gap. Sure, they narrowed the gap, but the never closed it. That's the whole point I'm making. I never said a 1.5 gap is impossible to narrow, I said close, and they didn't close it.

Show me a corps, after 2008, that overcame a deficit to BD of 1 or more points (at any time in the season) and beat them at finals. You won't find one. Sure Crown did it in 2015, but BD still came back and won finals.

I will be elated if I am wrong. I welcome everyone to call me on August 13th if BD doesn't win. I will be so happy to eat crow, say I'm wrong, I didn't know what I was talking about, I have no clue, and never listen to me again. To me, BD not winning would be worth all of that. BD not winning would make me happy. I want someone else to win. I want Boston or Bluecoats to win. 1. because it would be awesome to have a new champion, and 2. I love the Bluecoats show. I want to be wrong. But, I don't think I am. 

Edited by Vuitton