Carolina Crown 2023

It's a SHOW DAY! Good luck out there tonight Crown! Blow us away once again. 

Something I love about having so many shows in a season is getting to see the incremental improvements show to show from not only this corps but all corps. It is really fascinating for me to watch. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Well, CrownLAND-THREAD will be well represented, with at least three in the seats!

Start your [anti] rain dances, sacrifices to your preferred deity or WHATEVER it takes to keep inclement weather at bay🤞☀️

I'll be there too!!  

• Like 3

I rewatched the Flo Broadcast last night and I think that Crown has the potential to win. I didn’t say they would, but they definitely don’t have weak sections this season. A struggle they have had in the past. 

Crown has the vehicle to continue to grow their storyline throughout, something that Blue Devils, Boston, Bloo may struggle with after seeing their videos. Will those three become stagnant while Crown continues to push forward? Will this be the year?

Obviously the Brass will be a strong competitor for the Jim Ott but could the battery push into the top 3 with their staff change and new approach to the musical structure?  I think it’s a possibility! The battery seems to have a unique identity and brings a new flavor to drum corps, I’m welcoming it with open arms. Then the color guard looks to be building off their momentum from last season. They are performing more challenging skills and tricks throughout and executing already. I see a Zingali award coming back to Crown. 

Bold predictions Brass wins, Guard wins, Drums top 3. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

Someone on bloos thread commented that bacs brass is much more demanding than crowns...which I think is way off...or am I wrong?

They are wrong. Crown definitely has more musical demand the BAC.   Also, whatever horns they are playing on sound like a kazoo and a chainsaw made a horn… Not good.   (Nothing on the BAC performers themselves, just the instruments)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

Someone on bloos thread commented that bacs brass is much more demanding than crowns...which I think is way off...or am I wrong?

BAC is more upfront with their demand, while Crown is more organic with their demand. Apples and oranges. 

12 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

They are wrong. Crown definitely has more musical demand the BAC.   Also, whatever horns they are playing on sound like a kazoo and a chainsaw made a horn… Not good.   (Nothing on the BAC performers themselves, just the instruments)

I was told they were rebranded System Blue, but I don't know how true that is.

21 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

That's what I thought. Haven't seen a video of bac in motion but did watch the concert in the park video and though there are good bits crown seems to have...I don't know if it's the right word but maturity. They don't seem to struggle. Bac didn't either but I got the feeling that something may not come as clearly as it does with crown. 

1 hour ago, wigwam said:

I'll be there too!!  

…and then there were Four!!👑👍

54 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

I think they were referring to Bloo not Boston, which I vehemently disagree with. This is one of Crowns most musical books in a while so it might be throwing people off that they're not playing technical exercises left and right this year. The exposure of the brass in the ballad is easily one of the most demanding brass moments in DCI this year.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 1