Carolina Crown 2023

Honestly, I really love this show. It’s my fav in dci this year, and I don’t say that as a blind Crown fan — it’s just a very smart show that stands out compared to what everyone else is doing. I love that it’s very modern theatrical spin on an inherently traditional bone structure.

The percussion scores don’t bother me; I stand by the overall product on the field. It’d be great to see them win, but I’d rather see a stellar show, first and foremost. 

• Like 5

Just now, NewArpege said:

Honestly, I really love this show. It’s my fav in dci this year, and I don’t say that as a blind Crown fan — it’s just a very smart show that stands out compared to what everyone else is doing. I love that it’s very modern theatrical spin on an inherently traditional bone structure.

The percussion scores don’t bother me; I stand by the overall product on the field. It’d be great to see them win, but I’d rather see a stellar show, first and foremost. 

They could still pull it off and win. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. It's an uphill battle, but it can be won.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

They could still pull it off and win. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. It's an uphill battle, but it can be won.

Agreed. The timing of their score this week is unfortunate.  They can recover, but def an uphill climb.  Whatever the case, just want to see a great final product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, karuna said:

A) One judge on one night

B) Very Young Line with a long break

C) WE ARE CURSED

choose any or all of the above!

Oh and parting ways with Hannum was long overdue.   The rest of the percussion staff?  Well..s### happens.  New writers were gonna bring their own people-- just goes with the territory.   Certainly, Travis and team were doing a great job at Crown with the books they were given. 

Not so sure. I might go with D) Replacement staff is not as good as the prior staff. That is my take. You are what your numbers say you are. Admittedly, I am a huge Hannum fan. Crown did him dirty. Travis and Team are doing great with Cadets, Hannum is doing great with Boston. But this was NOT the step forward everyone promoted it to be. Really a shame and it will cost them in the end. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Funny how @Vuitton wants to tell people to ignore them, but they want to laugh at posts. How childish. Please show us on the Crown where Carolina Crown hurt you...

GrandPa,

Let 'em be.  You're just encouraging it every time you react.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not so sure. I might go with D) Replacement staff is not as good as the prior staff. That is my take. You are what your numbers say you are. Admittedly, I am a huge Hannum fan. Crown did him dirty. Travis and Team are doing great with Cadets, Hannum is doing great with Boston. But this was NOT the step forward everyone promoted it to be. Really a shame and it will cost them in the end. 

Then please, pray tell, why didn't Hannum, Travis, etc. do so well at Crown then? Crown doesn't attract percussion players well. They're trying to fix that. If the prior team couldn't get the job done, then it's time to hire someone new. That's what happened.