Carolina Crown 2023

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure I understand the handwringing over the percussion. It's a new staff with a young line and they have occasionally been beating corps that they ended up losing to at San Antonio. Percussion is so close among the top corps, the margins for error are small. Just look at BD's percussion scores ever since they lost their tenor to the SA incident. Something like that can shake the psyche of even a line as experienced as BD and they have taken a couple losses since that occurred. 

Give it some time

What happened to the tenor in SA??

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure I understand the handwringing over the percussion. It's a new staff with a young line and they have occasionally been beating corps that they ended up losing to at San Antonio. Percussion is so close among the top corps, the margins for error are small. Just look at BD's percussion scores ever since they lost their tenor to the SA incident. Something like that can shake the psyche of even a line as experienced as BD and they have taken a couple losses since that occurred. 

Give it some time

7th in percussion this year is not the same as 7th overall. Top to bottom, percussion is spoiled this year. And is anyone shocked that judges love Klesch/Jackson/Shah music? Music Analysis has been loving Crown this season. 3rd place Brass and 7th place Percussion but 1st and 2nd in MA.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Ok... but if that is the case, why replace last year's percussion staff who were... 5th place? It was terrible last year to be 5th but this year is OK? Cant have it both ways. And is not clear they will even be 5th this year. 

Because that was finals and this is San Antonio? At least wait until the most important part of the season to make a judgment call on this new staffs first year. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wigwam said:

What happened to the tenor in SA??

SA in this context means sexual assault. Not something I want this thread to get derailed by so I won't go into further detail than that. There's a thread on DCP about it if you want more info! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

SA in this context means sexual assault. Not something I want this thread to get derailed by so I won't go into further detail than that. There's a thread on DCP about it if you want more info! 

Never want to hear that. That's terrible. Hope the person involved (victim) is doing okay

On a different note,  I want to see Crown put up a good brass score and make a push for that Ott

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Ok, thought SA meant San Antonio.    I’m slow.  

Good run Crown! Guard was on fire. Perc seemed more locked in like they were the past week. Trumpets seemed to have a rough night, but it's all good. Keep cleaning and pushing!

Arthur’s emoting better.

This show has legs, but they’re going to have to be SOOO dialed in to have a chance at the podium.

• Like 1

Just now, Sensioto said:

Crown felt really timid and nervous to me tonight. It seemed like it could fall apart at any moment. Anyone else feel that tension musically and visually? 

I wouldn't say fall apart, but they sounded tired to me.  Especially trumpets.