Carolina Crown 2023

Our Crown gods, who art in Fort Mill (and Lucas Oil), I am hoping everyone be healthy (and stay healthy) for the remainder of the season....

....and maybe the Excalibur set, or that tarp Grandpa Joe sketched, that would be cool. Amen.

• Like 3

It’s a show day! 

• Like 4

Me thinks the Crown dagger is a big drill and maybe too much change at this point. 
I was talking to Grandpa. I think that silk can even be sparkly gold ?!?  
They added four measures last night .. but it still does not feel 100% finished. 

Guard doing choreo for the final counts is popular but dang I want apparatus full tilt on those final measures. 

My 2¢ that’s worth 0¢

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bneat said:

...I rechecked - and, that's NOT how the story is supposed to end at BAC. I kinda feel bad for the whale now. hmpf. 

Vis Performance/Analysis is a place for growth. I truly wish the best for all members and have every belief in confidence that the staff are doing the right things re: member health/safety...but, I swear, those blanks in the drill are somethin. 

Good news...I think...or, i've rationalized...good news is that the three blanks I spotted on Sat night were also present in the Crown. So...I have to believe that there is an expectation that those holes will be filled. They wouldn't have wrote a set with expected blanks in it, right? 🙂 Yea...so, seeing the holes in the end actually lifted my spirits. And again, this is a tough cookie to crumble, but, I saw the members trying to close them down at times, and other times not - which is never a good look. If the holes themselves didn't depress scores ever so slightly (which they shouldn't), then there is an argument for some of the slinky spacing that was going on as a result. 

Overall - vis concept and design is a place where, I think the Crowns need to reevaluate. I think this package is, and will be deserved wherever the chips fall (1-4). But, when I look at the drill and staging, I do find a lack of crisp-ness to it...and I think it's more design that technique. A lot of the sets seem spaghetti strand-y (very official term btw), and there are times where I wonder why some of the development develops in the way it develops. Not that it's bad...just wonder why.  And I would say/will say this whether there's a medal, a ring, or neither.  And, who cares what I have to say, anyway!?!?!?! 🙂

With .337 between the top four, there is no telling what will or won't make the difference between one judge in one sub-caption giving that edge....or not. Maybe 12 minutes of good spacing makes it all lock in. .337 can come down to an attack....a release....a roll....technique on a catch...

The insignificance of what can make that difference is wildly significant! Ir feels like the wind ia behind the crown, and that's a great place to be. It's so weird to say, but, a week is a long-time - however, one week from right now, we'll have all the answers.

Long Live the Crown.

Was the boot off the horn soloist ? He’s one hole. 

24 minutes ago, BWise said:

Was the boot off the horn soloist ? He’s one hole. 

Checked my pics from last night.  The French horn soloist had no boot.  I did not pay attention to whether he marched or not.  

Edited by ShortyRock
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I would also like more drama to the stabbing of Arthur. 

I envision Mordred running up from behind, a guard member kneeling down so that he can jump off of their back, landing a stabbing blow to Arthur, bringing him to his knees. 

A little blood would be nice, perhaps some surplus ketchup from the food truck. 

• Haha 2