Carolina Crown 2023

This is gettin’ real folks…

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Winning GE is huge for this corps. Just need those percussion scores to even out. I have faith in this line and staff!!!

Something tells me percussion can be top 3 this year. I think eventually judging will come around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am back to nice and humid Charleston from CrownBEAT. This show is just incredible in person. The opener alone is worth the price of admission but then they keep going. The brass is very much Ott-worthy. Guard had some drops and the percussion did seem a bit off tonight from what I could hear. All in all, I don't think it was the best they could have done tonight but they were far and away the best show of the night. I always try to be fair and impartial to other corps when I see them live, but this show is just on another level IMO. Everything blends so well together. It really is a lot to look at when you are there in person and I was doing my best to look at everything. Guard staging to tell the story is very well done and it is easy to follow along with what is happening. Brass....WOWWW. Just head and shoulders over everyone else right now. Ballad changes were so nice to hear and see. Changed the entire vibe of that movement going into the fourth movement and it felt seamless. Super pumped to see what else they add. If you can, go to a show and see this one live folks. It is a spectacle. Wish this wasn't my only live show this year but alas work and money are more important right now. Go Crown! Great job tonight and keep pushing!

Not that it is that surprising, but Flo does not do this show justice. The uniforms look SO good in person and the sound is just incredible. That is all for now. Goodnight everyone!

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Grandpa's laptop just BSOD 4 times again, so if I go missing for a few days, I had to ship my laptop off. 

Sounds like it's time to throw that Windows trash out the Window and get a Mac 🙂 

• Like 1

The short drum attack (I don't know what's the technical term for it) after the newly added chords at the ending of the ballad is sooooo Broken City - and I am not mad at it. 😁

Edited by Ranitidin
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I am back to nice and humid Charleston from CrownBEAT. This show is just incredible in person. The opener alone is worth the price of admission but then they keep going. The brass is very much Ott-worthy. Guard had some drops and the percussion did seem a bit off tonight from what I could hear. All in all, I don't think it was the best they could have done tonight but they were far and away the best show of the night. I always try to be fair and impartial to other corps when I see them live, but this show is just on another level IMO. Everything blends so well together. It really is a lot to look at when you are there in person and I was doing my best to look at everything. Guard staging to tell the story is very well done and it is easy to follow along with what is happening. Brass....WOWWW. Just head and shoulders over everyone else right now. Ballad changes were so nice to hear and see. Changed the entire vibe of that movement going into the fourth movement and it felt seamless. Super pumped to see what else they add. If you can, go to a show and see this one live folks. It is a spectacle. Wish this wasn't my only live show this year but alas work and money are more important right now. Go Crown! Great job tonight and keep pushing!

Not that it is that surprising, but Flo does not do this show justice. The uniforms look SO good in person and the sound is just incredible. That is all for now. Goodnight everyone!

Totally saw you! Read your description to my wife, so we played a little “Where’s Waldo.” 

If it wasn’t, then you had a doppelgänger sitting very close to the area you were located.

He looked like he enjoyed it as well👍

Edited by nsxanax
Syntax
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Crown is doing that thing where they make me believe… darn it! 

Completely agree. 

Although I honk every year, ‘15–and not for a moment taking anything away from Relentless—was the last production whereby there was total buy-in on my part.

Crossing my fingers that it has the legs to remain a contender ‘til Indy🤞

After TB19’s review of their CrownBEAT run, I’m beyond amped for NightBEAT. 

Keep those fingers crossed for fair sky’s 7/30🙏🙏👑

• Like 2