Phantom Regiment 2023

29 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah, its traditionally been one of those things like the kick halt they add toward the end of the season once they've 'earned' it by cleaning to a degree they're ready to put some flourishes in.  

Yes, but last year the kick halt was in for show 1. I really hope they make it in this year, I look forward to them every year. 

1 minute ago, regimentlvr said:

Yes, but last year the kick halt was in for show 1. I really hope they make it in this year, I look forward to them every year. 

The kick halt may be somewhat out of place with the bent knee technique. We'll see . . .

3 minutes ago, On the 50 said:

The kick halt may be somewhat out of place with the bent knee technique. We'll see . . .

Why?  Regiment did for years with bent leg.

• Like 1

That quote just made my day.  Phantom has been becoming Phantom again since JD came back and gave us that wonderful re-boot Harmonic Journey show in 2021, and then upped it again with NWTF last year.  Now they have their mojo and attitude back as well.

When does Carolina Crown not have a Crown set?  There's no reason Phantom can't have a wedge or Chevron to close out a show. It's not an either or between modernity and classic identity moments that pull the crowd in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

When does Carolina Crown not have a Crown set?  There's no reason Phantom can't have a wedge or Chevron to close out a show. It's not an either or between modernity and classic identity moments that pull the crowd in.

Completely agree! In fact I was thinking the same thing the other day. 

Look at 1993, the last sort of rebirth, none of these were included in that show. Who knows but I can’t wait to see what happens. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PRomoter said:

You know that ending is going to be a wedge. It’s fan service, but who cares! The stadiums erupt when they do it. Would be a nice joining of the past and present. 

I'm curious to see if they at least add a kick stop in the next week. That 1st show and score deserve the reward to the mm's. 

1 hour ago, TexasPRfan said:

How about a 360 and kick halt combo or a rotating wedge? Make something entirely new for upcoming editions of Regiment

I know I jumped on saying that this show is definitely Phantom early on when I saw it in Evansville, but I sort of stood back and waited for people to get the same realization. So happy to be not disappointed because people are seeing what I saw.

The electricity in the stadium was quite overwhelming last night!

• Like 2