Phantom Regiment 2023

6 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

Madison’s 1988 show was the “winner” and was, without a doubt, the loudest show of the season.  It could never have been played in an enclosed stadium with the same emotion, none of the corps of the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s could.  Today’s DCI championship crowd and members will never know the awesome sound and power of a DCI finals week hornline in an open stadium.  The top 5 or 6 corps back then could play as precise at deafening decibels (ffff) as they could at mf / f.  Combine all that sound with the speeds at which many marched and played, it was unreal.  1990 Star of Indiana instantly comes to mind.  There was no needs for props then.  The marching members were the props!  

Thanks for the kind words about our show. '88 was a great year. Regiment and Cavies both had such amazing designs. I LOVE '88 Regiment.

See you marched 1991. That was a great show too. The guard was so beautiful and the show was fierce.

Once again .5 separates 5th-7th. Keep focus and you can pull this off brothers and sisters. Think of last year at finals.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alvinpr89 said:

in 93 Tony re-did the entire ending move the day of finals.

I so don't remember this. Maybe I was traumatized and blocked it from my memory. 😂😂 Tony's drill abused me the entire season. I hauled! 😂

• Haha 1

Even more amazing was the blind backwards high speed drill that got to the last set.

It appears to me that if the Guard and Percussion can bring it tonight, they can take 5th.  Just execute and it's there for the taking.  When I look at the recap their scores show me that Phantom is at the cusp of taking a big leap next year. Regardless of this year's placement.  Hoping the staff and the entire organization learn from this year's success, make the proper adjustments, expand the vision, and have that hunger to move into the top 3...Great Job this year, who would have thought 93.0 was only good for the top 7...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

It appears to me that if the Guard and Percussion can bring it tonight, they can take 5th.  Just execute and it's there for the taking.  When I look at the recap their scores show me that Phantom is at the cusp of taking a big leap next year. Regardless of this year's placement.  Hoping the staff and the entire organization learn from this year's success, make the proper adjustments, expand the vision, and have that hunger to move into the top 3...Great Job this year, who would have thought 93.0 was only good for the top 7...

The gap in percussion with the cadets should be enough to close the gap if they can have a great run! 

Hoping the staff is retained and continues to build back to the Top 3. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, regimentlvr said:

The gap in percussion with the cadets should be enough to close the gap if they can have a great run! 

Hoping the staff is retained and continues to build back to the Top 3. 

If this whole staff comes back, oh boy are we in for a treat. Estudillo and Hartwell on visual, JD with brass, the new guard and percussion staffs that are showing a lot of promise. I’m excited at the possibilities that could be in Phantom’s future.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, college-phan said:

If this whole staff comes back, oh boy are we in for a treat. Estudillo and Hartwell on visual, JD with brass, the new guard and percussion staffs that are showing a lot of promise. I’m excited at the possibilities that could be in Phantom’s future.

Agreed. I think back in the top 5 next year is pretty definite and beyond that is up to how much turnover there is in MM's and staff. I know a lot of folks were disappointed a bit in 2021 being non-scored year and a lot was floated about cost vs ROI. But if you're going to put it out there, Harmonic Journey might have been the best recruiting tool anyone could hope for. It was a brilliant seed to plant in young fans minds and really should start to fully bare it's fruit of influence in 2024. 

2022 was a good, solid show. I think it was the hingepin year where PR realized that they could use props effectively (like the top 6 have for a number of years) and the gods would NOT in fact rain down hell on earth for breaking tradition. But it was tentative. Now we take that experience and add some more pieces unto playing the game in 2023 and how about that 'ish????....you cats are a fully modernized drum corps ready to take on the world!

It takes time, faith and a willingness to lose it all to cut against the grain and reinvent yourself. PR has done that. Now they have a vehicle. Next year you won't have as many student drivers at the wheel of that vehicle. Experience leads to championships. 

I really love this corps. Well done PR. You should be proud. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3