Jump to content

Phantom Regiment 2023


Recommended Posts

PR had camp this weekend. Lots of friends who are super excited about the season. I know they got show music and worked on it as a brass section.

Lots of great things from my friends at Phantom and I can say that this season will be a real treat for the phans. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the direction the B.O.D. has taken with outreach to donors/alumni. Received a personal Thank You from a board member for my contribution to the HOF Gala auction. It’s these little things, attention to detail, that drives success. Kudos Regiment B.O.D. Classy!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the direction the B.O.D. has taken with outreach to donors/alumni. Received a personal Thank You from a board member for my contribution to the HOF Gala auction. It’s these little things, attention to detail, that drives success. Kudos Regiment B.O.D. Classy!

I always get a hand-written Christmas card each year. You are correct, it’s these little things that mean so much. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

(POSTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

Thought I’d share this story on the dedicated thread as well😂 I had a weird encounter at the Texas UIL high school football championships as I was working the events last week at AT&T stadium(20,000-40,000 fans each day over a period of several days, logistics were handled seamlessly, fans weren’t kept out in the cold, even while understaffed, DCI/LOS staff TAKE NOTES!!) but anywayssss, the encounter was with one of Phantom’s safety people who worked with them this past summer, the stadium is HUGE and probably the only reason I probably bumped into the guy is because I was ushering in the section that was right next to where the band was sitting haha. The conversation came about as I was talking about how there were several quality HS bands playing among the state finalists(Vandegrift, Duncanville, North Shore) great bands, and then the conversation shifted towards DCI, I wanted all the inside information I could get from him about this year’s upcoming production, HIS LIPS WERE SEALED, I was not getting any info, which I respect, even though I did ask about repertoire especially more than a few times😂 the guy said I would very much enjoy what they’re putting out next summer, longtime fans and supporters would love it. I think this is a reliable source with enough inside info and motive to not tell me ANYTHING other than “you’ll love it” that I can trust I have a great show to look forward to this coming summer from Phantom👀👀

Small world we live in sometimes haha

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to put it this way, but I think Vanguard's sad departure from this upcoming season benefits Phantom by far the most. From what I am hearing, Phantom is getting a lot of audition traction with SCV vets, which makes a lot of sense. Phantom's brass, visual, and percussion staffs are pretty much SCV's former brass, visual, and percussion staffs. There's been leaks that Phantom is going to march bent leg technique this season. Etc. If you're an SCV vet and want continuity in your marching and musical education, Phantom is the place to find it this year.

The of course there's other stuff. Phantom is on the way up and is anticipating high level vet retention. There seems to be a lot of audition interest. You have a phenomenal design and instructional staff in place. So on and so on. 2023 is really shaping up to being a potentially big opportunity for Phantom to get back to where it has been historically.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, college-phan said:

I hate to put it this way, but I think Vanguard's sad departure from this upcoming season benefits Phantom by far the most. From what I am hearing, Phantom is getting a lot of audition traction with SCV vets, which makes a lot of sense. Phantom's brass, visual, and percussion staffs are pretty much SCV's former brass, visual, and percussion staffs. There's been leaks that Phantom is going to march bent leg technique this season. Etc. If you're an SCV vet and want continuity in your marching and musical education, Phantom is the place to find it this year.

The of course there's other stuff. Phantom is on the way up and is anticipating high level vet retention. There seems to be a lot of audition interest. You have a phenomenal design and instructional staff in place. So on and so on. 2023 is really shaping up to being a potentially big opportunity for Phantom to get back to where it has been historically.

I honestly figured this would be the case, helped quite a bit with the natural momentum Phantom’s gained the past few years, being a very desirable destination. I expect 2023 to be a big step up from them👀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, Vidal28Rdg said:

(POSTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

T, the encounter was with one of Phantom’s safety people who worked with them this past summer,

Small world we live in sometimes haha

  I am still struggling with this thought. I am not sure what phantom safety people are.  I probably know the job by a different name.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, totaleefree said:

  I am still struggling with this thought. I am not sure what phantom safety people are.  I probably know the job by a different name.  

My memory’s hazy but I think they said they worked with maintaining safety standards when dealing with props, and probably a few other duties. I stayed vague with it because I don’t know what the title is exactly haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Hearing some REALLY great stuff about Phantom, right now. Phantom is going all in on being competitive at the top of this activity and they're going to do it while staying in constant contact with their roots and traditions. Be very excited for this upcoming season.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...