Blue Devils in the Details 2023

55 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

A guard member told us this was their sixth or seventh musical iteration. The members apparently are asked to learn very quickly in order to adjust to changes. Ballad, including staging, isn't likely to remain the same even at Vista.

I love that approach. don’t just write the show; find the show. 

• Like 4

Sorry I Caved! LOL I couldn't help it.

This show is already kicking up dust in it's imperfect state, Three pieces of the rep left off, which is the closer to complete, with such a rough yet so very strong, and fun show. I love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Full show is up. Interesting indeed! Very BD. The guard book this year is super ambitious, wow. 

And they still have a lot of holes in the drill. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, squarepush said:

Yeah this show is going to be a problem for everyone else 

I have a family member closely associated with another top tier corps. Every year she says “this is OUR year”. And then she sees the BD and realizes it isn’t going to be quite that easy!  Gracious, she always says “looks like we will have to bring our A game, again!”  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I have a family member closely associated with another top tier corps. Every year she says “this is OUR year”. And then she sees the BD and realizes it isn’t going to be quite that easy!  Gracious, she always says “looks like we will have to bring our A game, again!”  

I love that! Given BD’s reputation, I honestly think it’s sort of noble from a competitive stance to march a different top tier corps knowing BD will likely still win. Goes to show how the mms largely choose the experience, not the placement.  Also their loyalty to their corps. Best of luck and happiness to your marching family member. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, squarepush said:

I love that! Given BD’s reputation, I honestly think it’s sort of noble from a competitive stance to march a different top tier corps knowing BD will likely still win. Goes to show how the mms largely choose the experience, not the placement.  Also their loyalty to their corps. Best of luck and happiness to your marching family member. 

Thanks. She doesn’t march but she is as invested as anyone else!  We stoped wagering with the Covid break. It just wasn’t fair…