Blue Devils in the Details 2023

15 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

98 BD gets lost in the sauce. Maybe cause it's sandwiched between championship years 96/97/99. 

But 98 is one of my favorites too. Killer brass, insane guard. Sadly the drums, while good had a off year by BD standards. 

But still a great year. 

The source music also holds a special place in my heart, and my controversial opinion is that they did West Side Story better than the Cadets :peek:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The source music also holds a special place in my heart, and my controversial opinion is that they did West Side Story better than the Cadets :peek:

Oh Cappy you done did it now!

This is the part where I act tough and say I got your back no matter what................then the mob comes and I slowly do the Homer Simpson and disappear into the bushes LMAO. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not going to touch that. Depends on what year you’re referring to the Cadets. 

21 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I love every Cadets WSS, but  the mashup with Tchaikovsky really added something IMHO. Also love their revisiting it for their Phenomenon of Cool show …

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Mmmmmyyyyy ppprrreeccciiiiiooouuussssss.....

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Not going to touch that. Depends on what year you’re referring to the Cadets. 

All of them :bluedevil:

• Haha 2

That closer sounds CRAZY. Can't wait until they finalize it, they added so much more momentum to the closing moments. Love the silks they're spinning on top of the table as well, just a beautiful and colorful visual program this year that really pops no matter what field they're performing on

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 5

A quick note from the Atlanta practice: one hole in horn line, tho sometimes it seemed there were two. Single screamer in ballad - which he nailed. As promised, it was hot & humid. My 7-year-old is now fully aware of why his father loves this corps - his confidence is sky-high, like mine. Onward!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3