Blue Devils in the Details 2023

10 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

3 high pressure shows over 3 nights, in 3 different states, with a new ending that was only just added. That’ll dim anyone’s sparkle! 😁

I agree. If i came off as being disappointed or negative, that is exactly the opposite of my intent.  I think all of the corps put on great performances DESPITE being exhausted!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s awesome to learn! Do you have a translation of the speech, perchance? 

@Jurassic Lancer Decided to move this here as there was too much noise in the other thread. 

With a combination of my elementary knowledge of French and Google Translate (but definitely mostly google translate...ok 99% google translate. lol) here is the translation of the speech CDG gave that the Blue Devils use: 

"The French defeat was caused by the enemy's mechanical, air, and ground force. The lightning action of this mechanical force brought about the collapse of the morale of the command and the government.

Faced with this collapse, two paths open up. That of abandonment and despair, leading to capitulation, is the one chosen by the Pétain government. The other is that of honor and hope, it is the one that we have taken, my companions and I.

We believe that the honor of the French consists in continuing the war alongside their allies, and we are determined to do so. We hope that one day, a superior mechanical force will allow us to have victory and deliver the motherland."

Here is the link to his original speech. I know there are some out there who just want to be entertained and don't want their curiosity piqued but I find the deeper meaning and historical significance of all these shows (not just BD's) absolutely interesting.

Hey, I've been taught all my life that France is weak and surrenders at any adversity. This speech and the other things I've uncovered have proven otherwise. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I agree. If i came off as being disappointed or negative, that is exactly the opposite of my intent.  I think all of the corps put on great performances DESPITE being exhausted!

They did and you did not come off as negative! I don't know how any of them are pulling this stuff off this summer, honestly. It was hot and miserable at times back in the day, but these past few weeks in Texas and the South, man. I don't know how any of them are still upright. 

• Like 3

OK, so I just watched BD at Night Beat on the rebroadcast. My question is, has the corps been measured for rings? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OK, so I just watched BD at Night Beat on the rebroadcast. My question is, has the corps been measured for rings? 

Just the BD rookies/staff.  Everyone else has theirs on file.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

There’s a BD recipe out there right now that was posted by Noah Song and it’s my favorite one to watch right now because of his pure, unadulterated reactions to everything. Search for it if you want to smile. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rylan said:

There’s a BD recipe out there right now that was posted by Noah Song and it’s my favorite one to watch right now because of his pure, unadulterated reactions to everything. Search for it if you want to smile. 

I'm watching a recipe by CJHissle for the awesome zoom power of that camera.

• Like 4

So we had this conversation a couple weeks ago.............now might be time for ScoJo to water down the book. 

They have been consistently getting first in Content maybe some 2nds here and there, but 3rd-4ths in Achievement. 

I think it's time. 

• Like 3