Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Looks like they patched up those cut-outs on the blue props. I suppose they were an abandoned idea. 🤷

I've read a comment on the web, just commenting on BD captions, and specifically said BD haven't maxed out their music, and have decided to cut back on taking any more risk, they dialed back and doing a cruise control at the later part of the season going into championship to secure that 21.

I personally can see this point of view. Why? Because to me they seem to have even more room to grow musically out of any of the top 4.

What are your thoughts?

18 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I've read a comment on the web, just commenting on BD captions, and specifically said BD haven't maxed out their music, and have decided to cut back on taking any more risk, they dialed back and doing a cruise control at the later part of the season going into championship to secure that 21.

I personally can see this point of view. Why? Because to me they seem to have even more room to grow musically out of any of the top 4.

What are your thoughts?

Now that you mention it, I noticed the screamer in the ballad didn’t attempt his usual screamer notes last night. Which, judging from the past few shows, I think is the right call. But I’m still holding out hope that he actually does have those notes in him and BD is only waiting to until finals to unleash the beast. Haha

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

What are your thoughts?

I noticed that they chose to dial back Patrick’s (trumpet screamer) high notes during the ballad.  I saw the music judge standing right next to him and hoped he would nail the stratosphere notes, but then he didn’t even attempt the first set.   They judge literally placed himself in the brass circle and seemed to be basking in that clean BD sound.  IF BD wins, I fully expect the high note Gods to let loose the full gas version during the victory run.  
I do expect some growth tonight and during finals from BD, as they usually do during finals week

Edited by Metalbinky
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rylan said:

Now that you mention it, I noticed the screamer in the ballad didn’t attempt his usual screamer notes last night. Which, judging from the past few shows, I think is the right call. But I’m still holding out hope that he actually does have those notes in him and BD is only waiting to until finals to unleash the beast. Haha

Yeah. As it could be the intention to remove it now to put it back tonight/Saturday.. idk 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

I noticed that they chose to dial back Patrick’s (trumpet screamer) high notes during the ballad.  I saw the music judge standing right next to him and hoped he would nail the stratosphere notes, but then he didn’t even attempt the first set.   They judge literally placed himself in the brass circle and seemed to be basking in that clean BD sound.  IF BD wins, I fully expect the high note Gods to unleash the full unabashed screamer version during the victory run.  
I do expect some growth tonight and during finals from BD, as they usually do during finals week

Absolutely. They seem to  be a little more strategic this season than i can tell from seasons.

I prefer the new ending drill, even if it still needs a bit of cleaning. The moving back to frame the art was such a hard move, plus it was visually receding from the audience, while the music was expanding toward them. 

This actually allows the orange edges to pop way more, as there is not all the competing color of the horn uniforms in such close proximity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

When they hit the top note in the trumpet circle the whole thing was just sublime.  Not hearing that was my only disappointment last night.  

Live in Mesa it was absolutely beautiful.  I thought initially it might have even been more than one trumpet, although that is perhaps unlikely.  

• Like 3

I can't believe people still think it's possible BD will not win. It's like nobody has learned anything over the past 16 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I can't believe people still think it's possible BD will not win. It's like nobody has learned anything over the past 16 years.

If someone keeps saying the same thing day after day, year after year, at some point they will be right. Then they can pound their chest and gloat in victory, all the while hoping we don't have receipts from the multiple times they were wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4