The Cavaliers 2023

On 7/24/2023 at 4:35 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Not saying you’re incorrect. I know 2015 was a huge year for this. My son was a DM in 2019. I toured 10 days with them and followed that season very closely. I just don’t remember this. 

His rookie year, 2017, there were 8-10 that got sick in Hattiesburg, MS after San Antonio and before Atlanta. 

Repeating to state I’m not intending to be confrontational … are you sure it was 2019?

I know about 2015 all too well.  I hosted them in Virginia after the NightBEAT standstill at Winston Salem, NC.  They arrived with 38 still very sick.  Most of you know we were able to quarantine the sick in our separate aux gym and showers. Thankfully, they left with only 8 still sick.  The staff were great and did a phenomenal job of holding to on the quarantine.  The guys that were able to march followed strict protocols as well.

Wishing the guys a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Onionhead2 said:

I hope the cavies are healthy tonight

Amen. Get better soon!

• Like 1

Cavaliers will do another standstill tonight. Just got a text from my son. He said about 20 are still sick, but improving.

Edited by DCI Fan 9287928734
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, tommynev said:

They sounded great!

Yes they did. 

Cavaliers Medical Health and Wellness team is a joke.  How can the Cavaliers be the only World Class corps doing a standstill?   Members must not be following basic hygiene procedures.  It is time to call out those that are responsible for this.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Cavaliers Medical Health and Wellness team is a joke.  How can the Cavaliers be the only World Class corps doing a standstill?   Members must not be following basic hygiene procedures.  It is time to call out those that are responsible for this.

No need for the pitchforks, multiple corps have been hit by this. I marched in the corps within the last decade. My experience, and the experience of everyone I know who's marched Cavaliers, is that the corps has staff and volunteers who work exceptionally hard to keep the members safe and to set them up for success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

I know none of the people or details involved. Sometimes, however, life situations are simply unforeseen, difficult, and complex, no matter the quality of the thinking, planning, and preparation involved. Not every unfortunate event, or series of events, is a result of human stupidity. Most people are not jokes. They are hard-working, well-meaning people doing the best they can. Sometimes, even their (our) best is not enough.

That's true even if experiences mean others (and we) can learn and do better next time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1