The Cavaliers 2023

FYI a Cavies alum on YouTube named The Tenor Drummer just posted a great video about 2003/Spin Cycle titled “DCI’s Hardest Show Ever.” Love that show. 

• Thanks 4

On 8/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

Just got home from work about 30 to 45 minutes ago..... I'm so dang proud of them!

Yeah, you should be. I’ve gotta revisit this show with a clear mind because they sure are improving at a seemingly rapid rate. It will be interesting to see how high they can climb at finals. 

• Thanks 1

I believe in you!

• Like 1

I'm at the Pittsburgh show right now and Cavaliers had a fantastic performance -- and the percussion put on a Clinic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm amazed that no one on the prediction threads aren't noticing what The Cavaliers are doing at the moment. There is a possibility have a 6th or 5th place finish.

Unfortunately all the corps they're trailing in that 5-7 pack played the same night at Allentown and were in a crazy tight .15 spread, so the Cavaliers are still getting talked about like they're on an 8th place island even though they've cut that 3-4 point gap from earlier this season down to 1 or less pretty consistently now. Should be interesting to see how things play out with the 5-8 corps in this last week.

• Like 1

never gave my thoughts on allentown day 1 show here, but I thought people didn't talk about the crowd reaction to the new closer enough. people loved the step over (as I hoped they would), but the new run and gun aspects got a good cheer too. still not sold on the loud chord till we cant anymore final push part of it, but the new closer is so much better than version 2 (still like the original from the start of the season)

• Thanks 2