The Cavaliers 2023

3 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Thanks for the update. Should we expect any changes or do you think the idea is to just clean what they have? Hoping for a better ending. Still don’t understand the purpose of the props. 

You should not only expect changes… you will see them. Not a matter of if.. but when. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Thanks for the update. Should we expect any changes or do you think the idea is to just clean what they have? Hoping for a better ending. Still don’t understand the purpose of the props. 

Since props became the norm there's been very few shows that use them in effective ways or enhance what these corps are trying to portray... I've learned to pretty much ignore them tbh. Cavaliers this year are no exception.

I hear the good folks in Sevierville will likely get to be the first ones to see the new ending! My son tried to explain it to me, but it seems like one of those things you just have to see. Glad they are on Flo on Thursday, and I'll see it live on Friday in Allentown!

Edited by DCI Fan 9287928734
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tommynev said:

Since props became the norm there's been very few shows that use them in effective ways or enhance what these corps are trying to portray... I've learned to pretty much ignore them tbh. Cavaliers this year are no exception.

If you look closely, you'll see that they are using the props to store and hide guard equipment. My guess is that is the main purpose.

14 minutes ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

If you look closely, you'll see that they are using the props to store and hide guard equipment. My guess is that is the main purpose.

That's what the sidelines are for 🙂 I'm not dogging on the corps. Props are obvs here to stay but it seems a lot of corps have them now because they feel like they have to, not because they need them. 

4 hours ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

Personally I was hoping they would light up. Maybe rainbow??? Lol

• Like 1

They were great last night. The new closing is more dramatic with movement and is difficult to explain. The alignment of corp members is a bit rough and needs cleaning but they will work on that. It was a big point of emphasis during the warm up. The brass guy that was leading the warm up was using quite a bit of stern language trying to motivate the young men. I think the staff feels they are close to pulling things together score wise if they can nail down a few basic points in the show. Tonight's show is on FLOMARCHING so check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can’t watch it live tonight. Have to wait till tomorrow or watch the no sound video lol. At least get to see the ending visually 

Can't wait to see the new ending!

It's great that their score is keeping pace for a potential top 5 finish!

Really, it goes to show how much the corps in this 5-10 range have stepped up their game this year.

These guys have had more adversity than many realize this year, and I'm just glad that they're keeping their spirits high and working with what they have. It's a good show! Thanks for performing it!

• Like 3